Credit rating for loan application expiry

Hi everybody I've put down a .25% deposit on my 10th property(finally double digits ;) before Christmas and the whole industry kind of goes down for a while but my conveyancer has been arguing some of the special conditions for a good month and a bit and now who I had the loan approved by has said that it has expired so I have to reapply. Will this effect my credit rating and is this normal for conveyancers to take this long to sort out special conditions? Also what sort of turnaround am I looking for the reapplication been approved as they have now sorted the issue and want to exchange asap and I don't want to until finance is unconditional obviously?

Yes it will mean a new credit hit probably and this will affect your credit score - but not in a big way.

Negotiating special conditions should take days not months. Christmas may have slowed things down, but not that much.

If you apply with the same lender, it's not going to be a big deal. Even if it is, it should be fairly easy to get an exception based on the previous approval.

Its with St George. I guess this is what happens when two useless conveyancers are involved. StG already did the reapplication which was good as exchange of contracts is Monday.

Whilst we are on the topic of credit rating I may have secured another parking fine from the local council lol with my old council I never paid any fines and they were never put on my credit file and nothing happened apart from a few reminder notices about 4 yrs ago I don't particually want to pay this one as I was parked out the front of my house. Ive contacted the council and even though its my car and I own were im living they are still trying to get me to pay it. Should I continue fighting aka never pay it or will it affect my credit rating?

Back