Cricket fans on SS?

Who gives a **** of the context. What happens on the field stays on the field.

Its only words. He didnt touch the Indian so whats the problem !

far out you guys just love to hang people for such a tiny tiny things like on the sporting fields. FFS, its just a game.

Ricky Ponting was a volatile youngster. What happened to him?

Oh nooooo god forbid, he became Captain. You lot bagging Warner as a person have got to get things into perspective.

he is going to be a record breaking batsman in the game of cricket, most likely already is.

he wont be sacked anytime yet. Suck it up with your leftist, do gooder, PC rubbish and enjoy the cricket for what it is. Sport played by massively talented people. Theyb are people just like you and I?that is?you guessed it. Not perfect.

Leave it ON THE FIELD!

relax pal.

see here's the thing, "leave it on the field" pertains to words said between the teams. The crowds and home viewers have virtually no idea that the words are being said. THAT is leave it on the field.

Warner constantly behaving aggressively on the field is not leaving it on the field. The problem with bad behaviour is that the crowd gets to see it and most importantly young kids get to see it. It sets an extremely poor example. It's fine in Footy, it's not fine in Cricket. He thinks he's being aggressive, but he's actually being a fool. What he's doing is bringing the game into disrepute.

Martin Crowe is spot on.

Warner's ability as a batsman is irrelevant to this discussion.

Ponting was indeed a volatile youngster, he pulled his head. Warner is 28y.o. He's no youngster. He has a young child. He should know better but he doesn't because he's an idiot.

P.S-Ironic that you're defending Warner with the premise that at least it all stays on the field. Just like Warner did when he decided to whack Joe Root in a pub before the Ashes? That sort of leave it on the field?

Why is it "fine" in footy but not cricket?

I am relaxed, fully. No need to tell me this.

Id rather see what you lot are up to by keeping on trashing a sportsman?

In footy it's also seen on the field an the TV so tell me why is there a difference?

Rubbish!

P.S-Ironic that you're defending Warner with the premise that at least it all stays on the field. Just like Warner did when he decided to whack Joe Root in a pub before the Ashes?

So how is that on the field? Seriously? Are you saying he went and sought out the Root guy and waccked him because of what happened on the field?

You have no idea why this happened at all you are drawing conclusions.

The pub is not the field. Period!

Why is it "fine" in footy but not cricket?

I am relaxed, fully. No need to tell me this.

Id rather see what you lot are up to by keeping on trashing a sportsman?

In footy it's also seen on the field an the TV so tell me why is there a difference?

Rubbish!

You don't seem relaxed, but i'll take your word for it.

Football is a physical, aggressive sport. Cricket is not.

Football also has a different culture when it comes to on field aggression. That's why we see people getting whacked every week in the AFL and yet the biggest on field scandal we've ever had in Cricket is Javed Miandad raising his bat to Dennis Lillee.

Ice Hockey has a different culture again. You can get in a full blown brawl on the ice. Everyone stands around and watches and then when it's over you get put in the sin bin for a few minus.

Pretty obvious I would've thought.

So how is that on the field? Seriously? Are you saying he went and sought out the Root guy and waccked him because of what happened on the field?

You have no idea why this happened at all you are drawing conclusions.

The pub is not the field. Period!

haha. That is what I am saying. You are defending Warner. I am saying Warner is a knob jockey and he has a long history of on field behaviour problems and off field behaviour problems. Whatever issue he had with Root, he thought the best solution was to punch him. That's probably all that needs to be said. Dumb people tend to resort to violence.

Not justifying anything, in fact I said he was aggressive and petulant. Just pointing out that he wasn't alone.

No doubt that Warner is not alone in this. There are other players who also could tone it down.

But when Martin Crowe says this:

New Zealand cricket great Martin Crowe slammed Warner as ?juvenile? after his latest unsavoury incident and said the punishment should be more severe.
?Watching from the luxury of my couch and after hearing numerous accounts from respected cricket people, there is a growing concern that David Warner?s thuggish behaviour has gone too far. Soon one day it will lead to an incident that will sully the game for good,? Crowe wrote in a column for Cricinfo.
?As Ian Chappell has said often recently, that soon enough someone will get king-hit on a cricket field. Warner may just be the one who gets pinned by someone in retaliation. And if it is him who gets hammered, it will be overdue ? if wrong.

?Warner can play, but he is the most juvenile cricketer I have seen on a cricket field. I don?t care how good he is: if he continues to show all those watching that he doesn?t care, he must be removed, either by Cricket Australia or definitely by the world governing body,? Crowe continued.
?The more he gets away with it, the more others will follow his pitiful actions. Already we see one or two of his team-mates enjoying being close to his hideous energy.?

It's telling.

The context is this:

Sharma ran on an overthrow.

Warner thought the ball hit Sharma and thus he should not have taken the extra run. In an animated and aggressive fashion he confronted Sharma to tell him what he thought.

And then Sharma elected to respond by abusing Warner in his native tongue, when he can speak English perfectly well. Weak, petulant and aggressive just like Warner.

And then Sharma elected to respond by abusing Warner in his native tongue, when he can speak English perfectly well. Weak, petulant and aggressive just like Warner.

I dont particularly care what language he spoke. Most people would speak in their natural language.

Warner unfairly and incorrectly accused him of cheating and aggressively made a point of it. He could not have been more wrong in his accusation.

Don't think there would be too many Cricketers in the world that would've just stood and copped that. Not sure how it is petulant and aggressive to respond to a wrong, unfair barrage? But you're trying to find a stance to support Warner's behaviour so I guess it doesn't matter if what you're saying doesn't make sense.

No one is giving it to Warner?

I'm not giving it to him.. I didnt read the others comments and cant answer for them.

I played the sport for many years and have dished it and received it.

Its all part of the game..and like I said early, its been the same ever since Adam opening the bowling for Jerusalem.

I dont particularly care what language he spoke. Most people would speak in their natural language.

Warner unfairly and incorrectly accused him of cheating and aggressively made a point of it. He could not have been more wrong in his accusation.

Don't think there would be too many Cricketers in the world that would've just stood and copped that. Not sure how it is petulant and aggressive to respond to a wrong, unfair barrage? But you're trying to find a stance to support Warner's behaviour so I guess it doesn't matter if what you're saying doesn't make sense.

Wrong, you are just making things up. I categorically do not support Warners behaviour. I think he is a goose and completely got the situation wrong. But keep telling lies if it you makes you feel better.

The problem is the suggesting that "speak English" in this context is somehow racist. It is absurd.

It is laughable to suggest that it is normal for someone to communicate in their native tongue, when they are perfectly adept at English, knowing the person they are speaking to can't understand them. It is gutless. But I understand that ridiculous contention supports your argument.

Exactly my point. It takes 2 to tango.

Warner was aggressive (verbally, not physical, remember its cricket people, stop trying to infer it is anything else)

Like Rixter said, it's been going on for centuries.

Im not defending Warner himself, just hate when people throw the boot in thinking it's a free hit. Disgusting.

Wrong, you are just making things up. I categorically do not support Warners behaviour. I think he is a goose and completely got the situation wrong. But keep telling lies if it you makes you feel better.

The problem is the suggesting that "speak English" in this context is somehow racist. It is absurd.

It is laughable to suggest that it is normal for someone to communicate in their native tongue, when they are perfectly adept at English, knowing the person they are speaking to can't understand them. It is gutless. But I understand that ridiculous contention supports your argument.

Yep. spot on!

Seems a bit strange that the Big Bash final on Wednesday is being played in Canberra? All I can think is that it's a neutral ground?

I'd reckon it would have been better to say reward the team that was highest on the point score with the home grand final? That would have been Perth this year.

I've enjoyed the big bash this summer. Watched a lot of games where as in past years I didn't really get into it. I'd like to see a couple of New Zealand teams join the comp. Say a north and south island, for 10 teams.

See ya's.

Seems a bit strange that the Big Bash final on Wednesday is being played in Canberra? All I can think is that it's a neutral ground?

I'd reckon it would have been better to say reward the team that was highest on the point score with the home grand final? That would have been Perth this year.
Neutral ground. In the past I think it was highest got the home game.

Go the Scorchers!

Neutral ground. In the past I think it was highest got the home game.
It's an anomaly because the major grounds are unavailable due to preparations for the World Cup. Next year they revert to playing it at the home ground of the highest point scorer, I believe.

It's an anomaly because the major grounds are unavailable due to preparations for the World Cup. Next year they revert to playing it at the home ground of the highest point scorer, I believe.

Sounds good.......highest should get the home ground.

Back