Cricket World Cup 2015

I'm a die hard cricket fan. And since March 2011 when I woke up in the middle of the night in my lounge to see India had won the cricket world cup (although I was cheering for Sri Lanka), the count down had begun. I had already declared that I am going to take days off to go to key games. Though I prefer watching cricket on TV....

The final will be held in the MCG though :(. I was hoping Sydney. But MCG has heaps bigger capacity..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/656365.html

I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone else a cricket fanatic on here?

Is it in Australia this time?
I hate most cricket playing countries except Aus, NZ & West Indies. There is no humanity in most other countries.

For some reasons I always support West Indies. May be grew up watching Courtney Walsh, Ambrose & Vivian Richards. Chris Gayle matching that charisma now. Always felt pity for the Kiwis. Aus... well don't have much choice :).

As a teen I had Steve Waugh posters on my walls instead of pop stars/actors. I also used to play for the state until it became difficult to move up the ranks without divulging my gender preference.

Never really got back into cricket once Waugh retired. Think my heart was broken :)

Love it, just hope the Aussies can get their act together and Clarke's ageing back holds out till then.

Hopefully our test team will break their record 27 test losing streak around that time (you can see I already hold no hope for our boys in the 10 Test back-to-back ashes series) :)

I hear Sydney is only getting 1 match with the green and gold, the other 3 will be neutral teams.

I was interested about a discussion on talkback radio re: accomodation.

It seems that the F1's, AFL etc will all be going on at the same time - there seemed a little doubt that Melbourne could supply enough motel rooms for all these at once.

Dean Jones (cricketer) was hoping we didn't see a massive price hike like they (apparently) have in the West Indies. He claimed that over there it was so expensive, that they actually did the commentary in "Dubai"! :eek:

I hear Sydney is only getting 1 match with the green and gold, the other 3 will be neutral teams.

Boo hoo. Cry me a river.

Do the maths.

There's seven teams in the group so there's six games.

One of those is NZ played over the ditch, so only 5 at home.

You do realise you get one QF and one SF????

Or, hop on a plane like us west Aussies.

Nope didn't realise that we were getting a QF and SF too. Sorry :eek: Maybe you guys need to build better stadiums.

I do recall a certain world cup in the West Indies going on for what seemed like 3 months and everyone losing interest by the time the finals came around. Hopefully the same exhaustion won't set in here too.

As a teen I had Steve Waugh posters on my walls instead of pop stars/actors. I also used to play for the state until it became difficult to move up the ranks without divulging my gender preference.

Playing for the state sounds awesome and competitive! I played two local games ever at 21. But I just couldn't build the stamina for it. My biggest achievement was taking a wicket at the worst ever ball and a catch. Wish I had played from a young age...Love cricket!

As an SCG member, was hoping would get some free seats... oh well thems the rules for all cities as stated by the CWC Organising Committee... so wont complain.
They say "ticket prices would not be announced until later in the year, but would be affordable".
Should be good to see.

The SCG’s matches in 2015 are;

27 February: South Africa v West Indies
8 March: Australia v Sri Lanka
13 March: England v Qualifier 2
18 March: Quarter Final
26 March: Semi Final

Playing for the state sounds awesome and competitive! I played two local games ever at 21. But I just couldn't build the stamina for it. My biggest achievement was taking a wicket at the worst ever ball and a catch. Wish I had played from a young age...Love cricket!

Because you are soooooo old!:p

Plenty of time for you grasshopper. Why don't you get involved in an indoor team or something? Surely you could spare a couple hours a week to play a social game!

pinkboy:cool:

But its so boring to watch, especially the test format.

What? :eek: :p

I looooove watching test cricket. You can have it on in the background or get right into it. How many other sports do you know where it takes 5 days to have a result? So good!

Oscar

Back