critique my business idea: alcohol

Depends what country you are coming from but usually the answer is ZERO.

You are not allowed to take liquids on the plane at all, including duty free zipped up alcohol. It WILL be confiscated. Only Australia and the USA do this. Thailand duty free does not sell to people on flights to Australia for this reason, that's where my Spanish Cava was confiscated in transit.

No 100% correct JoeE.

It is permissible to carry on duty free which is delivered to the gate. Hence why DF in Singapore always deliver to your gate, and you collect it after screening.

However, if you purchased DF in say London you won't be able to carry that through screening in Dubai. You need to buy it on your last leg to Australia.

You can by DF in London and pack it into your suitcase though. And carry the receipt.

The restriction remains at 2.25l.

Blacky

Depends what country you are coming from but usually the answer is ZERO.

You are not allowed to take liquids on the plane at all, including duty free zipped up alcohol. It WILL be confiscated. Only Australia and the USA do this. Thailand duty free does not sell to people on flights to Australia for this reason, that's where my Spanish Cava was confiscated in transit.

Just put it in your checked in baggage. That's what I do with my Spanish anis. ?5 in a Spanish supermarket, $70 in Dan Murphy (when they have it).

Back