Current Home Loan interest rates

Noticed the thread has been dormant for a little and considering the Spring season is near. Has anyone had any good deals?

I am currently applying for a NAB loan for $1.5m+. Got an indicative rate of 4.74%. I haven't really negotiated yet as I still haven't found the right property.

Maybe 4.65%?

Cheers

Managed to get 4.63% for less borrowings for an SS client recently using NAB (broker channel) - they also waived some fees.

As always though - it's not all about rate. If it were the single most important factor than some online cheapies will go lower.

Cheers

Jamie

P.s Bankwest is desperate for business esp the sub 80% loans and loans over $600,000.....they tend to be a bit slow on the approval side of things...but pricing wise top of their game for the last 2 month anyway.

2 deals this month;
$760k - 4.69%
$1.32M- 4.63%

Not bad for a branch based bank. Good luck.

Wow $760k at 4.69% that's impressive

oh goody

the 3 of my 2 lenders of last resort are trying the pork barrel :)

Enjoy.

mostly they are ok, its where they are not OK that my clients question my judgement......... Rolf 'what were you thinking ".............

ta
rolf

FYI I got a formal approval for 4.64% for $1.5m @ 80% LVR from NAB.

I didn't get the $1000 EFTPOS card (they just started a promo for new customers) becus my account is an IO account not P&I.

FYI I got a formal approval for 4.64% for $1.5m @ 80% LVR from NAB.

I didn't get the $1000 EFTPOS card (they just started a promo for new customers) becus my account is an IO account not P&I.

That's impressive! My IP is to be settled in end of October. Maybe I should jump ship to NAB? But I did hear NAB doesn't have the best customer services?

Does anyone know if Westpac/CBA offer similar discounts?

I have been through the wringer with both Suncorp and NAb these past two months. They advertise low rates for new customers so I asked them to give our existing loans the same rates. Gosh, talk about jumping through hoops.

We have had to have entire new loans drawn up because "we don't offer the same products any more" and "This rate is only for a new loan". After making it perfectly clear that I do not want to cross coll, NAb's documents finally arrived here with the new loans crossed. If I wanted cross, I could have gotten a far better deal at Suncorp for all three houses. Back to the drawing board and another two weeks delay while NAb reissue the un-crossed loan docs. On top of that they charge .1 % on top of the advertised rate for IO which isn't on the website anywhere I could see.

It would help if NAb's loan retention team spoke English as their first language and actually read their emails.

That's impressive! My IP is to be settled in end of October. Maybe I should jump ship to NAB? But I did hear NAB doesn't have the best customer services?

Does anyone know if Westpac/CBA offer similar discounts?

4.7% pretty easily for <80% >$1M new funds. Will have to push to be 4.6x% but seen it happen.

yes, if rate is a concern, iMortgage through their "Fusion" Advantedge / homeloans.com.au (NAB owned) product are willing to offer 4.49% SVR, no offset (redraw only), but annual fee of $330. If you want no annual fee then it's 4.59%

So, after a few months, my OTP IP is about to be settled, my ANZ mobile lender has offered me 4.68% (1.2% discount) for my entire loan even without asking. Originally a few months ago he said the lowest he could offer me was 4.78%. I told him that it was good that he does it as otherwise i will look around for better rates like NAB etc etc offering 4.63%. But with 4.68% I probably won't bother moving.

I have heard someone with NAB have sub 4.5% variable interest. Not sure how true it is, and whether it is the real NAB, or one of those "NAB backed" loans.

So, after a few months, my OTP IP is about to be settled, my ANZ mobile lender has offered me 4.68% (1.2% discount) for my entire loan even without asking. Originally a few months ago he said the lowest he could offer me was 4.78%. I told him that it was good that he does it as otherwise i will look around for better rates like NAB etc etc offering 4.63%. But with 4.68% I probably won't bother moving.

I have heard someone with NAB have sub 4.5% variable interest. Not sure how true it is, and whether it is the real NAB, or one of those "NAB backed" loans.

That's a great offer Edison - not moving based on rate when your around that mark.

NAB own Ubank - so it's most likely their offer.

Cheers,
Redom

for some the prize of a low rate is such a talking point they become dyslexu

Had a 4.36 NAB counter off verbally the other day.......... needless to say, when the paper was presented its was 4.63

ta
rolf

Back