Dale GGs retirement

Hi all,

Now that Dale has retired, who will take the mantle as the acknowledged expert on structures for property investors? Has anyone dealt with other accountants at Gatherum goss and Associates with regard to structure, and did you find them to be knowledgeable,up to date,and an expert in their field comparable to Dale?

Tools

Other accountants have been doing a lot of the work for quite some time. The situation will probably not have changed much in Dale's absence- he was working for some time in order to achieve his retirement. I'm sure that any of the other accountants (including forumite JamesGG) would give you great advice.

Yeh was going to say the same.
Spoke to James after the announcement and as far as I am concerned I will still get them to do my returns and the trust return.
Should be business as usual.

Guess they could always get Dale back as a 'consultant' if required for an opinion or two.

kp

Spoke to James after the announcement and as far as I am concerned I will still get them to do my returns and the trust return.

Guess they could always get Dale back as a 'consultant' if required for an opinion or two.

kp
Yes, I'm still with James GG and will remain so...tis all good...he knows heaps...probably from discussing it over the dinner table since a wee tyke...(no offence James...this is a compliment).:cool:

Hi Gang,

I hear that Dale is very much enjoying retirement.

From what I understand Dale is still on hand as a consultant to Gatherum-Goss should his advice be needed. Plus he has made sure that he passed on his knowledge to Bec and James over the last couple of years.

And of course when James goes around to see his Dad to say hello (or maybe consume Dale's whiskey) I'm sure that they spend the whole evening doing nothing but talking about tax and trusts:D Well maybe not:D :D

Cheers - Gordon

Hiya,

Thanks to those who've said nice things about me and my team. Cheers.

For those who haven't heard, Dale announced his retirement to clients about six weeks ago, I think, and has been happily putting his feet up and hiding from the world for the last four. The change in such a short amount of time is simply remarkable; both he and Sue both look, sound, and act, so much happier and healthier than I've seen them in such a long time.

Definitely a great move on his part, even if it has left some clients crying.

Now, while I won't yet pretend to be as knowledgeable or experienced in accounting as Dale, I have certainly not kept myself under a rock over the last number of years. Naturally, I still keep in very regular contact with the old man and he is able to help out as needed.

As others have also pointed out, Dale has not done much of the technical accounting work for some time, and has allowed us free reign to deal and communicate with clients as we see fit. Instead, Dale has long tried to focus on his business, rather than in it. Looks to have worked ok to me...

So, rather than turn this thread into cheap advertising, I'll leave it at this; if you have concerns, or questions, or just need reassuring that the rest of us have some sort of an idea as to how things work... just call or shoot me an email. I'll do what I can.

Failing that, I can happily refer to you to a good accountant in Sydney if you would prefer.

Cheers

James.

kp

Me three....they'll still do my Tax and have done a great job to date (Thanks Bec and Dale), they've gotta be good to sort out my mess and inane questions :D

I was elated to hear Dale's (semi) retired (a year early)....Good on him; there should be more of it, especially amongst the Forum Members here ;)

I'm sure we'll hear more from Dale in the future ;)

I've had some exchanges with GGA since Dale's departure. Query emails to James and a company creation via Bel.

The experience is the same as when Dale was there. All runs smoothly and efficiently.

I'm particularly impressed with James' quick responses to my emails (within the day) and the quality of the responses (straight to the point, clear and concise).

With Dale's support and being an investor himself, I feel confident that it won't take long for James to earn the stripes by himself.

Faith in JamesGG and the crew!

Change always makes one a little nervous, however I'm confident that my finances are being well-looked after by James GG! Something about those genes.............!

If you're still reading Dale, thanks for your free advice on the forum with a heap of issues but specifically for me on capitalising interest issues and clarifying various issues regarding HDTs. Enjoy!

Yep

I still use them aswell.

By the way James - the new office. Is that Steve McKnights old office and if so whats happened to him?

Regards
Aussie

Thanks for all of the responses. It seems that most of you already have your structure in place and are happy with GG and Associates for your general accounting purposes.I am in a situation where I am embarking upon a new venture with another investor and am looking for the best advice on setting up a new and appropriate structure, rather than just maintaining an existing one. If you look back at the numerous posts where people have requested recomendations for accountants,the response was overwhelmingly Dale GG,not GG and associates.I don't mean to sound like I am suggesting that all of the other accountants in the company are not competent,in fact I am sure they are,as many of you have attested to. But Dale himself was the widely acknowledged expert in structuring. Do you see where I am coming from ?

Tools

Thanks for all of the responses. It seems that most of you already have your structure in place and are happy with GG and Associates for your general accounting purposes.I am in a situation where I am embarking upon a new venture with another investor and am looking for the best advice on setting up a new and appropriate structure, rather than just maintaining an existing one. If you look back at the numerous posts where people have requested recomendations for accountants,the response was overwhelmingly Dale GG,not GG and associates.I don't mean to sound like I am suggesting that all of the other accountants in the company are not competent,in fact I am sure they are,as many of you have attested to. But Dale himself was the widely acknowledged expert in structuring. Do you see where I am coming from ?

Tools
I received all my structuring advice from James and Bel and never had a problem with either of them or their expertise. Tis all good!:D

Tools, I don't see why it should be that much of a problem. Dale was very good, but so is James and heaps of others as well. Dale doesn't want to work anymore so that leaves you with a few options -

(1) Give up on investing through structures, cash it all in and do something else, or
(2) Find someone else.

Dale has faith in James, and James can always call up Dale should he get a difficult question.

By the way James - the new office. Is that Steve McKnights old office and if so whats happened to him?

Hiya,

It used to be where his website was run from. I'm not sure about his other operations... all I know is that the lease expired, wasn't renewed, and it was convenient for my new boss to shift us all here.

Cheers

James.

The office is where PropertyInvesting.com was run from. They are still in Blackburn and a quick Google or a look on Yellow Pages (although they can be pretty useless) may let you know where they are or you can PM me.

Good to hear that so many still have confidence in our team. As someone who has worked there for five years now I can honestly say that although Dale left a very very high standard which would be tough for anyone to maintain, we are doing our best and don't plan on letting the level of service drop one bit as it was Dale's 'baby' and we all respect that.

The office is where PropertyInvesting.com was run from. They are still in Blackburn and a quick Google or a look on Yellow Pages (although they can be pretty useless) may let you know where they are or you can PM me.

Good to hear that so many still have confidence in our team. As someone who has worked there for five years now I can honestly say that although Dale left a very very high standard which would be tough for anyone to maintain, we are doing our best and don't plan on letting the level of service drop one bit as it was Dale's 'baby' and we all respect that.

Wow.....what a funny little place we live in..you're now in the old PI.COM office :D

Welcome to the forum Alysha, hope yourself and James continue to post here...sad to hear that Dale's left GG, but I wish him and Sue all the best, hope the rest of the team can keep up the service and answering of my inane questions (still trying to work it all out in my little brain)

All the best

Back