Dallas

I barely watched it- never more than a few minutes.

But I visited the property, some years ago, when the show was still popular.

Over the years, I have watched the original Dallas 3 times completely thru.
Just finished up the first season here in Canada of the new one. It isn't quite as good as the original, but it is still fun to see some of the original actors returning now and again.

I'd never heard of it until a few months ago when it came out - I think its great!

'Blood is thicker than water but oil is thicker than both'

I am in Dallas at the moment...I have been to Southfork its on the outskirts, more like a suburb really, but is now used as a reception and tourist centre.

Anyone visiting Dallas should make a point of going to Fair Park, it has the most exceptional Art Deco buildings I have ever seen. It is the site now used for the annual State Fair more like our Melbourne Show.

It is where the police horses are stabled as well. I was very impressed with the airconditioned horse floats they use.

I am also a fan of the Sculpture Park and Arts Museum in the Arts precint in Dallas.

Chris

How many people are old enough to have watched it first time around :eek:
Just watched the new version last night.
I am.

The original was a cracker. Whatever happened to Charlene Tilton?

Saw the shorts of the remake over the last few days; looks like yet another of those endless production-line events to keep the multitude of young glamour Hollywood actors in work...didn't look impressive.

Definitley a demographic-targetted format (see above); it's a shame that L.A studios are so scared to produce anything "raw" these days; always catering to the 18-30 year old market who want glamour, attitude and perfect looks.

Give me shows like "A Touch of Frost", "Midsummer Murders", "NYPD Blues", "The Sheild" etc.

Back