Damn it's cold

We had a bit of a cold snap over night. It has dropped from about -1 to -15 over night. Add a bit of windchill and its around -20.

Cant wait for winter to really set in :rolleyes:

Mid 40's predicted for this week. Anyone want to swap?

Although -20 might be a little much for me.

Last edited:
In training for Niseko :)

Yeah, you should spend a few hrs in your freezer to help aclimatise. It will be worse for you. Going from +40 to -10 is hard.

Interesting to note that your freezer is set to about -4....

It's warmed up again today. It's only -3.

Blacky

Ps. Just noticed the changed thread title, I don't think "damn" adequately summarizes my feelings to the temperature, but ill accept the change in order to keep the PC police happy. :D

I've worked in -25c before, not fun.

I remember wiping my face and losing my eyelashes to the cold.

Still in Boratland I'm assuming?

-25 is getting cold and unpleasant.
The coldest I have personally experianced was -38 with a -33 windchill. At that temp everything shuts down. It takes less than a 500m walk to turn hot beer into Popsicles - so it's hard to even sit inside and drink :(. If you are willing, your pee freezes on impact with the ground (but who would ever get 'it' out in such conditions I'm not sure.
It has got lower than that, luckily I wasn't here to see it.

I have been swimming in Jan but it was 'warm'. About -5.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 85
100 per cent humidity last few days where I am

Sitting on a bus and its 56 degrees In here according to the time and temp readings on the bus LED panel

Last edited:
Yeah, you should spend a few hrs in your freezer to help aclimatise. It will be worse for you. Going from +40 to -10 is hard.

Interesting to note that your freezer is set to about -4....

It's warmed up again today. It's only -3.

Blacky

Ps. Just noticed the changed thread title, I don't think "damn" adequately summarizes my feelings to the temperature, but ill accept the change in order to keep the PC police happy. :D

Looks like I'll be going 30 degrees to 5 degrees to -10. The 5 degrees in Osaka will help

-25 is getting cold and unpleasant.
The coldest I have personally experianced was -38 with a -33 windchill. At that temp everything shuts down. It takes less than a 500m walk to turn hot beer into Popsicles - so it's hard to even sit inside and drink :(. If you are willing, your pee freezes on impact with the ground (but who would ever get 'it' out in such conditions I'm not sure.
It has got lower than that, luckily I wasn't here to see it.

I have been swimming in Jan but it was 'warm'. About -5.

Gotta love that pink fluffy pink you've got on your noggin Blacky. (I trust you're talking deg celcius not F).

Ireland, egypt, greece, iceland, scuba pig :p

Yeah - Degs C

Attachments

• drunk pig.JPG
    drunk pig.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 68
  • egypt.jpg
    egypt.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Greece.jpg
    Greece.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Iceland.jpg
    Iceland.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Scuba pig.JPG
    Scuba pig.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 65
While you're freezing your *** off, im melting mine.

Attachments

• 20131219_174748.jpg
    20131219_174748.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20131220_082343.jpg
    20131220_082343.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 61
Back