Dandenong, VIC.

thanks ourhouse.

What attracts me is the long term potential for the area.

Yes crime is high, but I disagree that it is that far from the CBD, I live in Prahran and it took me less than 30 minutes to get there on Saturday morning - yes that is off peak.

I do like the mid term capital growth potential, and the yield makes holding on and some basic renovations quite affordable.

Hi All

A lot of people on here are very pro Frankston at the moment, but vendors are catching on to this over the past few months.

TB

and every property magazine and 'hot spots' report - the exact reason i would avoid it.1

1 - I have only 30 year old knowledge of this area, so it's not the area I'm commenting on it's the mania.

Well after a few months we settled last week.

Still think we got a great price based on what I see around. Looking forward to rolling up the sleeves and doing some light cosmetic work to try and increase yield.

The Mrs had the car for the day during the final inspection so I caught the train up and walked to the property. I was a bit skeptical of the journey but it turned out fine and there were a few oldies out walking the streets quite happily near our place.

Had a good chat to the tenant, he loves the area and has been there for 3 years.

Proof will be in the pudding in a few years time, but so far, so good!

Back