Darlingpoint & Darlinghurst

Does anybody know anything about whats happening or what can be expected around Darling point, Darlinghurst in Sydney etc. Whether the next 6 months are a good time to buy.

Does anybody know anything about whats happening or what can be expected around Darling point, Darlinghurst in Sydney etc.
You mean now or at night time, 'cause you will see 2 completely different .................Oh you mean real estate wise? :D

Whether the next 6 months are a good time to buy.
What are your goals here?
If long term buy & hold then now is an excellent time to buy in my opinion.
If you are waiting for further price falls then that boat has already sailed :(

in what price range are you looking at? also houses or units?
Median priced houses have now gone up 5.9% in 2009 and median priced units are up 1.1%

What are your goals here?
If long term buy & hold then now is an excellent time to buy in my opinion.
If you are waiting for further price falls then that boat has already sailed :(

in what price range are you looking at? also houses or units?
Median priced houses have now gone up 5.9% in 2009 and median priced units are up 1.1%

Yeah. Long term buy and hold. We will be able to buy an apartment between 250 and 315.. but wanna stick below the 300 mark.. Probably in about 4-5 months we can buy. Im hoping that prices wont be much higher than and i can still get a good deal. What you think?

Two completely different suburbs...Darlinghurst has a very inner city feel (cafes/restaurants and a few nightclubs/ladies of the night/St. Vincent's hospital/some trendy areas/some good city views/some areas not so safe at night). Darling Point has a more genteel feel influenced by the harbour/McKells Park/Ruschcutters Bay Park...great harbour views from some buildings..steep streets in places...some waterfront...CYC yacht club...St Marks church...quite a few large trees along the streets.

Unless you are looking around the very start of Mona Road near New South Head Road in Darling Point I doubt you will find many units under $300k (maybe the odd studio)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...inbed=&maxbed=&parking=&minlandsize=&o=p&p=30

Surprised you aren't looking at Darlington as well (near Redfern) You'd have the trifecta then.

Last edited:
Back