Daylight saving

Daylight Saving Ends
Sunday 4 April 2010, at 3:00 am summer time when clocks are put back one hour.

I've noticed I am getting up in the morning in the dark and getting colder with just a sheet on top of the bed with no blanket. Winter is coming :(

Definitely getting cool so no chance, IMHO, that cyclone Ului in the Coral Sea could hit us hard. Today is a perfect Autumn day while you need heat and humidity to feed a cyclone.

magnificant day in newie today ... girlfriend and i went for lunch overloooking merewether beach and - sigh - it also was magnificant.

i love this time of year - not to hot and not cool, but cool enough at night for a good sleep.

Thanks folks,
for some reason l thought it finished on the long weekend.
I for one would like an endless summer. Cold weather makes ya miserable.

Thanks folks,
for some reason l thought it finished on the long weekend.
I for one would like an endless summer. Cold weather makes ya miserable.

I don't want an endless summer...just a very long one with a short winter - a bit like L.A or thereabouts.

Melbourne - while I love the place - has a winter which goes pretty much from May until end of October, and even then you can bet on a lot of Nov and Dec being cr@ppy.

Only benefit is there is snow to ski on I suppose.

Canberra's the place where winters are nice. Sunny, cloudless days with no wind, and a top temperature of maybe 10 degrees. Crisp, cold nights with heavy frost. Love it.

Stops the hens from laying and the cows giving milk. That extra sunshine fades the curtains too.

Sir Joh had it all sussed...

Don't you worry about that young fella me lad .....

Trouble is: Southerners are so busy laughing at their own, old jokes they fail to reaslise that DS just doesn't work in the tropics. But that doesn't stop them being experts!!!!!!

NQ is well west of Sydney so the sun is still blazing down at 6:30 pm without it.

exactly how daylight saving would affect curtains? the amount of sun within 24 hours is not going to change, it just means you are going to get up earlier.

instead of introducing daylight saving they need to either shift the time by 1 hour permanently, or introduce separate time zone for central/west queensland (and shift the time by 1 hour in SEQ permanently)

exactly how daylight saving would affect curtains? the amount of sun within 24 hours is not going to change, it just means you are going to get up earlier.

instead of introducing daylight saving they need to either shift the time by 1 hour permanently, or introduce separate time zone for central/west queensland (and shift the time by 1 hour in SEQ permanently)

Thats not the argument.

The argument is that in order to watch the 6pm news in West Qld you need to draw the curtains in full sun unlike the rest of us in West NSW.

I recall the kerfuffle when the airline pilot announced that as they were landing in Qld please wind your watches back 20 years...

They never get old :)

Back