Deals you missed out on and are still spewing about

My parents sold the first house they bought, high on a hill with fantastic city views (now). Back then, nobody wanted the views (there were no high rise buildings in 1966) and city hall was the tallest building.

They could have kept it and rented it, but everybody told them houses will never go up. Sold for about 2,000 pounds. Last sold for well over $1M and then was either knocked down or renovated (cannot recall). Probably worth $1.5M if it was in the same condition.

Best not to think about it.....

My Dad paid $5k for his block of land at Tanilba Bay when they first started selling and was also offered another odd shaped piece (semi circle) for $10k. Why would I want another piece, what would I do with it? was his thinking at the time.

There's 24 houses built on that odd shaped piece now, each with about 500sm :(

My great -grandfather was offered a bit on land in SE Qld for 50 pounds....it's now called Surfer's Paradise:eek: If only he had spared a thought for his descendants. I mainly wish that I knew what I know now about twenty years ago......soooo many missed opportunities.

Hi intrigued....according to the latest research - published May 2011, raw land out in the eastern suburbs of Perth - Forrestfield being an example, exhibit the following sales rates ;

Smaller than 5,000 sqm.................$ 250 to 400 per sq metre
10,000 to 50,000 sqm...................$ 160 to 250 per sq metre
100,000 plus...............................$ 100 to 160 per sq metre
Englobo......................................$ 60 to 90 per sq metre

Based on that, I'd be using a figure of $ 150 per sqm metre.

So, 7 ha = 70,000 sqm * 150 = 10.5 million, plus or minus a mill.

Dazz

Sorry to bring up old thread, but things are very close now.

If offers were around the 250 mark what (17.5M) would you consider would be fair % for the agent.

Regards

Intrigued

Back