Deception Bay 'Gordon Hay Realestate' BAD

Had Gordon Hay realestate managing one of my properties in Deception Bay, brand new carpet and freshly painted walls when the tenants moved in for a six month lease. When they moved out the carpet is stained with oil/grease (didnt come out with carpet cleaning) and the walls are covered with small indents from a sharp impliment (god knows what from maybe a kids toy as they had kids). The property manager said it was general wear, I dont agree. As they have still have the tenants on their books and I have changed agencys they dont want to know about it, no compensation from the bond for the damage. I had to personaly repair the walls prior to getting new tenants in. Any come back on the agent or do I have to move on?? DO NOT use GORDON HAY realestate in DECEPTION BAY - they are dead lazy, the dont return emails or phone calls and won'thelp when you have propblems.

Last edited:
Does Blink cover your area? ;-)

What recourse you can get... if the bond is released then the carpet may be claimable under insurance. Walls not unless you incurred actual expense.

For sanity sake I would move on and get what you can from insurance

Had Gordon Hay realestate managing one of my properties in Deception Bay, brand new carpet and freshly painted walls when the tenants moved in for a six month lease. When they moved out the carpet is stained with oil/grease (didnt come out with carpet cleaning) and the walls are covered with small indents from a sharp impliment (god knows what from maybe a kids toy as they had kids). The property manager said it was general wear, I dont agree. As they have still have the tenants on their books and I have changed agencys they dont want to know about it, no compensation from the bond for the damage. I had to personaly repair the walls prior to getting new tenants in. Any come back on the agent or do I have to move on?? DO NOT use GORDON HAY realestate in DECEPTION BAY - they are dead lazy, the dont return emails or phone calls and help when you have propblems.

That is not 'wear and tear' - I wonder if the tenants were working on motorbikes inside? Goodness knows. It is so disappointing when your near brand new property is not cared for well - really sorry to hear this. Now is the time to act - good advice from other SSs. Shop around and find a property management service that follows through on email and phone inquiries and makes you feel comfortable to work in partnership with as this is a very important business arrangement. There are PMs out there who care for your IP as though it is their own.

RC

Back