Decisions, decisions -what do people think?

Just finished talking to a dispirited son. Nothing to rent, so I am biting the bullet and having a go at selling the land, and buying a house (definitely in that order). Thought I might put the land details on the caveat emptor section, so if you're interested check it out there. Thanks so much for all your input and advice. If my Lotto numbers comes up tonight I can keep my land AND buy a house!!!!

Don't forget to change his diapers when your finished listing the land.
Then make sure his bib is clean while you spoon feed him.
And make his bed before he goes to sleep.
You can make all the "financial sense" excuses you want to justify whatever it is you want to do.

And Wylie your just as bad.
No wonder we have a generation of lazy azzes who cant do anything.

Worth a hard look at buying the IP in St Lucia.

At the moment, all colleges bar one was flooded, and so is the entire Brisbane St. Suncorp is estimating 3-6 months before they are habitable, so there is going to be a nice rent premium initially. Furthermore, we are seeing more of 12 month tenancies rather than 9 months in the past.

Run your numbers.

Don't forget to change his diapers when your finished listing the land.
Then make sure his bib is clean while you spoon feed him.
And make his bed before he goes to sleep.
You can make all the "financial sense" excuses you want to justify whatever it is you want to do.

And Wylie your just as bad.
No wonder we have a generation of lazy azzes who cant do anything.

Bit rough :confused: But perhaps you have better vision than I do and can see everything clealry about other people's families to be able to judge and paint a picture of them so perfectly....

Jaycee, paying >50k yr cause the poor little thing cannot be distracted from his studies is just as silly, misguided as it's hilarious.
I've seen it happen many times, and rarely have the results been all that great.
But then again these are the people that will be the slaves to the dollar.
More poor millionaires living like pheasant slaves scrounging for a dollar.
Easy pickings.

Jaycee, paying >50k yr cause the poor little thing cannot be distracted from his studies is just as silly, misguided as it's hilarious.

I don't agree. That $50K was a figure given to me for one of my son's friends and it is entirely up to his parents what they do. It has no bearing on how this chap will turn out and means he can go to uni. Sure, he could work enough hours to pay rent, buy a car (or not) and feed himself. Plenty of uni kids have done that. It's not for you to judge what he is like. I wouldn't want to do that and we didn't do that for our son. Perhaps if we lived on the land we would subsidise him.... who knows.

I don't really believe the figure. It was thrown out to prove that other parents are not nearly as tight as us :D

Oh... and whilst our son is very different to us, he is not "useless" and I would guess he has renovated more houses than you :p

Stop judging those you don't know. How dare you say I am no better. Who are you to judge either the original poster or me, or our sons.

Back