deductions on everything!

W

WebBoard

hi

was wondering if anyone out there claims electricity, water, internet access, phones and anything else they can connect to the house as a deduction?

reason behind this is why not pay everything for the tenant
hence the rent is higher
hence the bank likes the property more
and maybe gives a higher valuation.

also this sounds to me like a serviced apartment situation. can anyone out there suggest to me where i can get more information on how to structure such a lease?

thanks

me and my silly ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Yep...I provide some of these services for my tenants and will claim them as a deduction. All I do is state in the lease special conditions that the landlord will pay $xx per quarter for electricity etc. Any excess will be paid for by the tenant. Then you can be certain that you will only be paying for reasonable usage.

Miakat

P.S. It would be nice to have a name to reply to. Even if it is a nickname, at least we will recognise your posts from all the others on the forum.

Reply: 1.1

oh i see

but do you pass these charges onto the tenant?

and have revalued the properties?

mike

Reply: 1.1.1

The tenants ultimately pay for the utilities through higher rent but they seem to think it's wonderful that they don't have to pay bills.

Not sure what you mean by have the properties revalued. Unsure of the context with paying utilities.

Regards,

Miakat

Back