Deflation, Inflation & Gurus

Air_man asked about Gurus in another thread and I suggested that he read widely but follow no-one, but I have just listened to an interview of Jim Ricards which is one of the best ones I have ever listened to and I've been doing this for many years.

One bit I liked was I don't do prediction, I do warning. This sums up my attitude. He knows more than i could dream of but still doesn't have a crystal ball. But I DO believe in odds.

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/7/1_Jim_Rickards.html

Thanks for sharing Mr. Fish.

So the printing presses are running strong and pumping air to counterbalance deleveraging and deflation of the balloon.

The game of inflation versus deflation.......hmm, another code of football for us :p

It won't end up as a draw. Sounds like a house of cards ready to fall.

A little confusing for me still. I will re-listen again tomorrow.

Appreciate this input to help ground me and give a wider world perspective to my main activity being property. I am no bear, but I am also not a hyper-bull. We may not be in the pouch or pockets of the US or Europe however, we aren't necessarily totally free of the apron strings either. We are affected by the whitewash :(

Different viewpoints are useful to cause us to occasionally pause and reflect and determine what may need tweaking in our own portfolios and strategies moving forward.

Interesting times indeed :cool:

Air_man asked about Gurus in another thread and I suggested that he read widely but follow no-one, but I have just listened to an interview of Jim Ricards which is one of the best ones I have ever listened to and I've been doing this for many years.

One bit I liked was I don't do prediction, I do warning. This sums up my attitude. He knows more than i could dream of but still doesn't have a crystal ball. But I DO believe in odds.

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/7/1_Jim_Rickards.html
Thanks Sunfish,nothing like impartial and unemotional advice but Jim Richards does know his stuff just hope it does not pan out that way..willair..

all complicated by the fact that this is UScentric and one has to muddle their way thru to consider how it will affect this little island.

Nice one Sunfish. I agreed with Jim's view.

Have you ever listened to KDenninger? Pretty much classic Austrian view re credit.

He comes across as a small town extremist with a personality disorder, but I think he actually understands the dangers of unrestricted credit better than Wall Street.....and cares more than Wall Street abou the consequences.

IMHO, we need more KDenningers in every town holding our politicians and bankers accountable.

I think one day in the future, our great grandchildren will be asking why oh why did our great grandparents not care about the consequences of their govt's decisions. Were they really that ignorant?

Back