Demolition cost in Perth

Question out of curiosity on the cost to remove a 3x1 fibro house as I've noticed that empty cleared land in a suburb has recent sales for $1,000 per sqm.

However an old property 3x1 fibro house with 840sqm of land (has a few trees dotted around) was sold for $620k which equates to $730 per sqm.

Is it really expensive to remove the house and clear the land or is it mainly location in a suburb etc which causes the difference in land price. Could also be that this person got a great deal on the land too.

It depends on if the newly cleared land is subdivided as that has additional costs - govt charges, surveyors,sewerage, power, gas etc.. Depending on the size and how many lots are created it can cost $50-100k to demo and subdivide to sell as vacant land.

If they are both comparable in location, zoning and not subdivided then I would expect that they would fetch the same amount approximately if they were sold around the same time.

It depends on if the newly cleared land is subdivided as that has additional costs - govt charges, surveyors,sewerage, power, gas etc.. Depending on the size and how many lots are created it can cost $50-100k to demo and subdivide to sell as vacant land.

If they are both comparable in location, zoning and not subdivided then I would expect that they would fetch the same amount approximately if they were sold around the same time.

Does the rough guide of $50k-100k to subdivide apply to 800sqm being subdivided into 400sqm lots. Sounds a lot to my naive brain.

Does the rough guide of $50k-100k to subdivide apply to 800sqm being subdivided into 400sqm lots. Sounds a lot to my naive brain.

For 2 it would be at the lower end of the scale - $15-20k to demolish plus strataing and services around $20k possibly less.

Thanks Westminster. Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience even I don't have a development to do but am just curious to understand.

Back