Denial/Fear - Property Market Rising

I have many potential clients that have sought pre approvals since 2000 and didnt proceed, waiting for "the market to fall".

needless to say, when I see that on a potential clients fact find or in a phone convo I tend to dig deeper.

I find its neither denial nor fear, but more a lack of engagement and being spectators rather than players in the game

ta
rolf

Where are you getting your data from? Are you sure the sources that produce this data are reliable and free from vested interests?

Be careful when analysing data, statistics can be used to prove anything the manipulator so desires.

Maybe small parts of Sydney are booming it sure aint booming here in SA

+1 on that.

I had some valuations on three properties scattered throughout metro Adelaide come back recently that were well down from what they were 2 years ago.

+1 on that.

I had some valuations on three properties scattered throughout metro Adelaide come back recently that were well down from what they were 2 years ago.

Adelaide is a distressed market, sounds like too much stock on the market that is when properties go backwards. You are then stuck until the next cycle.

Properties in Mandurah, WA during the boom cycle did not just double, some rose 4 times the buying price. However, when this market crashed they fell back very quickly. Prices after 7 years are only now coming back, lower entry levels, high end properties have not recovered yet. Unfortunately, just part of the game.

So why do some people actually reject this on this forum, I don't understand this mentality, its almost bloody mindedness, "I am right you are wrong... so there", or is it denial or fear??

The negative comments usually come from the people who bought lots of GOLD. :D

Great topic MTR!

I trade leveraged futures so think about this quite often. My thoughts:

1. The bearish, negative or contrarian case often sounds more intellectual or sophisticated. They will always be right at some point but very few will make any money.

2. Being right is more important than making money for some people. I work on the "strong opinions, weakly held" principle. Fine to have a strong opinion, but if the evidence or price is telling me I'm wrong, I don't stay wrong.

It's too much of a blow to the ego for many people to change their views on property and take advantage of favorable conditions.

"What is it that makes the human psyche reject/ignore something as simple as a property market rising. Worst case scenario, you can make money, wow that is a tough one."

Interesting post for me. I've been on Property Investing for 10yrs now, just joined here. I've seemed to notice mixed news ALL the time regarding property. Even when my first IP's were rising to now while their definitely flat. I use our Investor forums more than TV News and here, where we have Investors I hear, its going up, its going down. Yet we know its always location specific. I doubt there will ever be a time where every single property in Australia was moving in the same direction.
Great Feedback,
I think the mixed reports or sentiment are largely due to assumptions and generalizations. People often repeat figures/opinions as facts as well.
Happy Investing guys

Back