Department of Housing lease - experiences?

Hi folks,
My property manager is proposing a lease of my IP to the NSW department of housing. I don't know which tenant will be placed there by them and I'm told DOH will wear any damages caused by the tenant just like any other lease. They will also still pay if the property is vacant. There will be three monthly inspections by both the agent and DOH rep.

Does anyone have any experience with DOH leases from a landlords perspective? While it does have a stigma, is it something that should be generally avoided or can it work?

Thanks in advance.

Provided that DOH holds the leaseand pays the bills you've scored a great covenant (but lose control over who occupies the property).

Is that a fair trade off?

My partner did it for years and was very well paid. They kept the house in good order, but commission said they would repair anything that was broken/ruined. He gave good notice when he wanted them out, but had to wait well past the date as the commission just kept saying they hadnt found anywhere for them to go.

One of ours is leased to a local community agency similar to DOH and it has been all positive
to date. At the end of the day, the organisation is the tenant and so long as the lease clauses are clear it should be fine.

Back