DEPPRO depreciation report

Hi,

I am planning to get a depreciation report from DEPPRO for my investment property and DEPPRO is asking for a referral from Somersoft to give me the discount on their fees. Can I get some help from someone please to find out whom to approach?

we just had a depreciation report done through 'Depreciator' and i believe i only paid $335 including gst. I think normal price for them is under $400K anyway (i think i got $335 because we'd used them before).

Both my accountant and property manager recommended Deppro, and I managed to get a discount through the property manager - saved $100 or so on the report.

Try asking your property manager or accountant?

Thanks all.

I don't talk about prices here, because it's sometimes complicated. Our prices depend in part on the age of the property, the location, and how much information the property owner has.

We always try to provide value, but we're unlikely to always be the cheapest option. Equally, we're never the most expensive option. We sit in the middle. And of course the cost is tax deductible. Sometimes we actually advise people against going ahead. If the return will be so marginal - I'll just tell them over the phone how they can sort it out themselves.

More than 60% of our work comes to us from accountants. They like the way we operate and they like our Schedules. But earlier this year I was at a big accountant/planner conference and one of the accountants had a go at us about our prices.

'You blokes are a bit expensive than some other guys.'
'Yep', I said. 'So when you do a tax return, do you charge more than H&R Block?'
He puffed up, 'Of course. We know what we're doing and we give better service.'
I just nodded.

we just had a depreciation report done through 'Depreciator' and i believe i only paid $335 including gst. I think normal price for them is under $400K anyway (i think i got $335 because we'd used them before).

Depreciator is good. I just recently used their services but at much higher price than that, nearly double ($605) :confused: .. I dont live in bushes either

Scott, which property, build date and location would involve such low price ($335)??

Depreciator is good. I just recently used their services but at much higher price than that, nearly double ($605) .. I dont live in bushes either

Scott, which property, build date and location would involve such low price ($335)??

It would have been a property where we did not have to send a QS to site. probably one where the client had the costs we needed.

Back