Depreciation renovating IP - Melbourne

Hi all,

My hundred year old IP is under a big renovation and will be ready for rent soon next couple weeks.

Just recently discovered what depreciation is & I should have the report before reno as well, not only after completion. What a stupid mistake I made to thrown away all old carpet, light fittings, bathroom fixtures & kitchen stuffs.

Obviously I'll need to see a QS to do the report after reno. But is there any light to have one for those above items for the time before reno with some photos? Please recommend any good QS in Melbourne as well.

Greatly appreciated.

Chances are the stuff you tossed out was too old to have any value. If you want to send me some 'before' photos, I can confirm. I'll also need to know when you bought the property.
Scott

Thanks Scott,

I checked the photo and don't think it has any value. I'll contact for the report after reno if you look after Melbourne as well.

Quick question while we are on the topic: if a home gets fully renovated - new kitchen new bathroom, carpets fittings, paint etc, is everything depreciable?

If it's a rental property, you will claim what you spend on it. New bathroom, kitchen and paint = 2.5%. Carpet, appliances, curtains/blinds etc get written off more quickly.

Back