Depreciation Schedules

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for all the information and helpful comments. I am impressed by the breadth of knowledge people have on this forum.

I am about to invest in Brisbane and I have been getting prices for depreciation schedules because I want to be in a position to calculate my weekly out of pocket expenses before I commit i.e. after rent and tax breaks.

I found a site called www.depreciator.com.au that has an online depreciation estimator that can't be used by my accountant but which will supposedly give me a good idea of the depreciation that I will be able to claim. The cost of the estimation is $49.

Before I go down that road I thought Id ask what the normal process is? i.e. When you buy an investment property do you always work out the depreciation beforehand and if so who do you use to do it. If not how do you know what you will be out of pocket per week?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Mick

You won't want to be using that tool of you're looking at a number of properties, though.

If you're looking at a couple of properties and you can tell me when they were built and send me some photos inside and out, I can get a QS to give you a rough estimate of how much depreciation they may yield.

Scott

You won't want to be using that tool of you're looking at a number of properties, though.

If you're looking at a couple of properties and you can tell me when they were built and send me some photos inside and out, I can get a QS to give you a rough estimate of how much depreciation they may yield.

Scott

Thanks Scott - that'd be great. I will send details through as soon as I have the photos etc.

Cheers

Mick

Back