Derivex - interest free loans?

I won't be in Syd for the weekend after-all.

While Trev was as good as his word and made the tickets available, the invitation to the launch was rescinded because of a number of defamatory posts on the thread. (I doubt this was Trev's decission, but of fellow directors)

No real point in going, so I won't.

Thommo

Thommo said:
the invitation to the launch was rescinded because of a number of defamatory posts on the thread. (I doubt this was Trev's decission, but of fellow directors)

Thommo

Thommo,

Sounds like a piss weak excuse to me.

A86

"Sounds like a piss weak excuse to me."

...IMHO it makes other piss weak excuses sound plausable.

Seriously:
If he really feels he has been 'defamed' why did he not grab the oportunity to spend time with somebody who could independantly come on here and speak 'positivly' about the product in an 'informed' manner??

And if he really feels the product has not got a fair hearing why does he not come on the forum and look to correct the 'wrongs' ...I for one would love him to give us a clear and concise walk-through on how the funding structure works.....he should not be worried about the 'intellectual property' and 'secrets' contained within the product as they are all covered by international patents according to his web site.

Nat, You've made 21 posts on SS so far and all on this thread.

Not one has been anything but a virulent denunciation of Derivex which leads me to believe your primary purpose here is to do exactly that. Do you really believe we are all so naive we would be sucked into a scam without your warnings? If you had genuine concern for our (ie forum members) financial well-being why have you not contributed to dozens of other threads where your knowledge would have been a welcome addition to the general pool and eased the burden on other professionals who are so generous with their time? Methinks you doth protesteth too much!!!!

BTW I'm not upset about what happened. So please, do not rubbish them on my behalf. I'm a country lad and it seems all I missed was a City cocktail party. Something, nothing :D I still have my tickets and can still fly down if I decide to or I can use them to offset future travel with Trev's blessing.

Thommo.

Defamation

– an intentional false communication that injures another person’s good name or reputation. To amount to defamation, the communication must be published or spoken.

Where when? Is it true; Somersoft forumites have intentionally communicated false information about Derivex ? :eek: I dont think so!

However what is true, is that we are questioning the communication of Derivex! :mad:

Thommo said:
Nat, You've made 21 posts on SS so far and all on this thread.

Not one has been anything but a virulent denunciation of Derivex which leads me to believe your primary purpose here is to do exactly that. Do you really believe we are all so naive we would be sucked into a scam without your warnings? If you had genuine concern for our (ie forum members) financial well-being why have you not contributed to dozens of other threads where your knowledge would have been a welcome addition to the general pool and eased the burden on other professionals who are so generous with their time? Methinks you doth protesteth too much!!!!
Chill out Tommo, there is no reason to get personal here. Nat_r was kind enough to provide her professional opinion in the area, and her posts were MUCH more informative than from Derivex.

As for your question “Do you really believe we are all so naive we would be sucked into a scam without your warnings?” Yes, I do believe after reading some posts. Also, generalisation is a dangerous thing on a public forum.

M.

Hi all,

Thommo, did you have the tickets in your hand or just a promise of them??

Still no PDS.
Still no adverts in financial papers.
Still no answers from Trev.

bye

Seems to me they don't want anyone there with real questions
... they may prefer only those that haven't had time to have bounced this around for a while, or those who are awe struck by the prospect of an interest free loan.

To me this action only increases the suspicion !

I don't think Nat was sent in by the Anti-Derivex hit squad.
... hell even if he was - so what I for one have been interested in Nat's comments.
Equally I've enjoyed your comments too Thomo. So let's continue.

Could we be suckered in ?
Well the results from my poll showed that quite a few indeed could be.
Of course we still don't know whether Derivex will float, so note I didn't say suckered in by a scam.

"Not one has been anything but a virulent denunciation of Derivex which leads me to believe your primary purpose here is to do exactly that"

Thommo....calm down...all I did was point out that many of the claims and statements made by Derivex don't really make a lot of sense to somebody who works in the money market or structured finance world. I also went to great lengths to explain how these markets actually work....something that I fear was lost on many readers.

If you read my post above I was actually pushing the point that you should have been invited along to the launch so that a regualar forumite could get some first hand knowledge.

Notice how I never got an invite...don't you think they would be keen to talk to me (professional to professional) and show me how it really works so I could then come back on here and speak the praises of the product???

Cheers
Natalie

nat r,

Good intentions there but why do you think you figure so largely in the Derivex picture that your opinion matters either way to them.

I have passed the forum info and Derivex website to a financial advisor friend of mine and he says its all over his company now (hes part of a huge financial firm as a consultant, not employee). His opinion is when the PDS does arrive it will be exposed and analysed by the best financial minds in Australia so i sort of dont think the forums' or nats' opinion are of too much consequence to Derivex in the long term.

Okay - at 250 posts with no useful information uncovered, I'm going to close this thread.

Once a PDS is issues, then perhaps we can open a new thread, until then, it will be nothing more than useless speculation.

Back