Desired Place to Live in Melbounre

Desired Place to Live in Melbourne

As some people on this forum claim that Toorak is the suburb that everyone wants to live in in Melbourne, I thought I would see what other people thought of this statement.

If all properties were all worth the same amount of money, what suburb would you want to live in.

My choice would be a bay front mansion in the Brighton area.

Last edited:
I wish...

If only they all did cost the same. I would hate to live in Toorak or Brighton, though - don't like the uptight vibe.

I'd go for East Melbourne, North Melbourne or the 'dress circle' next to Edinburgh Gardens in North Fitzroy. (To be particular, the house which has a tower. I WANT that house.)

I think Ferntree Gully is the place to be. Good vibe and nice atmosphere. Also has a national park around it.

Another great place would be Lalor. Close to the Preston, which is very developed and one of those filthy rich suburbs. Lalor is also very cosy area.

I think Ferntree Gully is the place to be. Good vibe and nice atmosphere. Also has a national park around it.

Another great place would be Lalor. Close to the Preston, which is very developed and one of those filthy rich suburbs. Lalor is also very cosy area.

Are you serious?

I'd take Middle Park any day of the week. Beaconsfield Pde to be exact.

Vibrantly uptight beachfront Brighton

I just love the uptight vibe of where we currently live. If money were no object then, I would take my vibration closer to the water.

Beachfront would be nice :)

Hey Pickle............are you in a more elegant part of Melbounre? Your spelling in the thread header and describing your location is both the same.

Are you trying to give our city a Euro twist or just typing too fast? ;) :D

Toorak and Brighton as they are the most expensive suburbs in Melbourne.

If I own a palatial mansion on a 1 acre land, I will be one of the wealthiest persons in Melbourne :D

Last edited:
I did have the pleasure of living on the Esplanade in Brighton. It was lovely. :)

It was also about 13 years ago and the rent was $180 a week for a two bedroom unit. "Those were the days, my friend..."

I vote Brighton, since it was my old stomping ground, and the walks along the beach are lovely. I'm too old to worry about what others think of me. I'd park my old car in Church Street and dag around in clothes from Target.

Back to reality, I'm pretty happy living where I am. :)

P.S. To Rob: I actually really like Adelaide, just put off by the hot days we see on the weather forecast that you seem to get! My hubby proposed to me in Adelaide just after visting the wonderful zoo! Lovely city, I have such a soft spot.

I'm with Venice - Moonee Ponds is my choice.

I have lived around here my whole life so wouldnt want to move to a swankier place. a nice turn of the (20th) century 4 bed double story walking distance to train and puckle st/queens park would be delightful :)

For me, it would be hard to go past Point Cook, Werribee and the so called 'Paris end of Werribee' Hoppers Crossing. I just love the drive into the blinding sun every morning into the city and spending my weekends chuffing weed at Hoppers train station.

nah nah, seriously, Toorak given I probably instigated this thread with my other posts. Just defending what I am preaching! Brighton facing the sea on the Esplanade during twilight would be something special too!

I just love the uptight vibe of where we currently live. If money were no object then, I would take my vibration closer to the water.

Beachfront would be nice :)

Hey Pickle............are you in a more elegant part of Melbounre? Your spelling in the thread header and describing your location is both the same.

Are you trying to give our city a Euro twist or just typing too fast? ;) :D

Just typing too fast

I wouldn't exchange where I now live, in Docklands. Best thing for me is having so much within easy reach: tram stops outside the front door, supermarket, Southern Cross station, Skybus, park, quayside and a lot else within about five minutes walk.

Far too much traffic in most of the places mentioned, I'll vote for somewhere around Warrandyte. Close enough to everthing but out of te hustle and bustle.

Back