Detail of a caveat

Good afternoon all,

While researching properties I found one I was interested in, a title search shows a caveat in place, how do I find out the details or grounds for the caveat? the name of the person who issued it and the solicitors who acted on their behalf shows on the title. Can I contact the person/solicitor and ask for details? or do I need to go through a solicitor. If I go further with this I will obviously use a solicitor/conveyor but during this initial stage I don't really want to fork out monies.

thanks

Good afternoon all,

While researching properties I found one I was interested in, a title search shows a caveat in place, how do I find out the details or grounds for the caveat? the name of the person who issued it and the solicitors who acted on their behalf shows on the title. Can I contact the person/solicitor and ask for details? or do I need to go through a solicitor. If I go further with this I will obviously use a solicitor/conveyor but during this initial stage I don't really want to fork out monies.

thanks

Details should be in the contract of sale, try reading that first.

You should request a copy of the caveat (if not in the COS) - you can do this from the dealing number on the title and then apply online with the landtitles office (in NSW cost about $12 and supplied straight away).

This will show on what basis the caveat has been listed.

The contract of sale makes reference to the Caveat (Dealing no*******) but no details. Thanks Terry I just checked on the dse website where I got the title information from and there is an option to get the details of the Caveat.

Back