Developing in KEW

Hi there,

I have been reading this site with great interest and thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experience!

Essentially, I am looking at redeveloping our family property in Kew. It is in the
GRZ 1 zone and is approx 800m2. Ideally we are looking at subdividing into two dwellings but will remain open to all suggestions.

If anyone could help or advise (we are very much in the preliminary stages of inquiry) could you please get in touch?

Many thanks,
VNG

I would get in contact with a town planner.
They can meet with you and discuss the feasibility of what your trying to achieve.
I am assuming two won't be an issue - but you need to plan the dwelling to councils requirements

Hi there,

I have been reading this site with great interest and thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experience!

Essentially, I am looking at redeveloping our family property in Kew. It is in the
GRZ 1 zone and is approx 800m2. Ideally we are looking at subdividing into two dwellings but will remain open to all suggestions.

If anyone could help or advise (we are very much in the preliminary stages of inquiry) could you please get in touch?

Many thanks,
VNG

Hi there, we are looking at property in kew - if you are looking to SELL your PPOR I am interested.

Re subdivision, speak to a builder - or a town planner so see what you can or can't do....this will depend on your location.

Cheers, Ivan

Why only 2? I would try to fit 4 if possible

had a friend who did 3 on 1 lot (950sqms etc) and is still yet to make a sale. He has some high end finishes and was a very good build. i was at the auction - no bidders but many onlookers.

you gotto price it right with the right size.

if you can put in an extra house without demolishing the 1st house that is the best, less stress and you can monitor the build as well.

I am now seeing real value in some areas where they re-build 1 for sale!
That's right - Only 1!
No town planning, neighbour objections, council and water authority contributions and the profit margins are similar.

Classic example i saw was two blocks sell the same time of the year, constructed at the same time and sold months apart. One had 2 on it and one had only 1.

Has to be the right suburb though - i think Kew may fall under this catagory.

yeah trying to get $1.4 million for 3 bed 2 bath landed unit doesn't seem to fly for some reason.

Properties like this in say albert park or south melbourne sells quickly for those townhouses etc.

i think in kew ppl want bigger houses more space etc.

yeah trying to get $1.4 million for 3 bed 2 bath landed unit doesn't seem to fly for some reason.

Properties like this in say albert park or south melbourne sells quickly for those townhouses etc.

i think in kew ppl want bigger houses more space etc.

Yer understanding the market is everything.
I did see town houses (4 beds) go for $1.3mil in Box hill on the weekend...

It may be worth to speak to a few real estate agents to find out what sells and what doesn't, and the demographic of people who want to live in your particular spot.

Back