Development block perth

Hi All.
Been reading everyday for a while and have stayed pretty quite.

I recently bought a vacant block in Cloverdale. Its zoned r20/r40 on 871sqm. The block is relatively flat and level but its not rectangular in shape. It's skinnier at the front and tappers out to the rear on one side of the block.

Im just after peoples opinions in regarding to what i build.
In the city of belmont they require 50% of the development to be double storey.
Few things in question.
Should i try fit four 3/2s small in size dwellings on the one site?
Or should i build 3 large 4x2s? These would consist of either two double storeys and one single, or all double storey.

Just after some input. My main strategy would be to build and hold onto all 3.

Would i be better off building cheaply or going for a nicer build quality with better elevations and quality finishes?
I've got some elevation plans from a builder. Please voice your opinions.

Attachments

• 43 patchett 1.png
    43 patchett 1.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 43 patchett 2.png
    43 patchett 2.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 43 patchett 3.png
    43 patchett 3.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 43 patchett 4.png
    43 patchett 4.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 43 patchett 5.png
    43 patchett 5.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 71
Here have attached more elevations and site plan

Attachments

• 43 patchett 6.png
    43 patchett 6.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 43 patchett 7.png
    43 patchett 7.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 1 Site Plan 43 patchett.pdf
    351.6 KB · Views: 62
To decide between 4 units and 3 units you need to do a feasibility and work out which one has the most profit. I will point out that getting a bank to agree to 4 is harder then 3. Less banks will do a loan for 4 but it is not impossible - just something to talk to a broker about before committing to your decision.

You need to look at the builds in the area and work out what the market dictates - it is not always your choice in terms of quality of finish. I can pretty much guarantee it will be somewhere in the middle.

At this stage I'd worry more about design than elevation as they can be put on every design.

that lower level roof looks complicated and expensive! but i guess needs to be due to block shape

R40 wont fit 4 lots unless you apply to WAPC for thr 5% variation (5k and 3 months time)

Your lucky its 16.1m frontage. If its was'nt >=16m then you wont get the R40.

Last edited:
Have you done the numbers on a small apartments?
Even though there are quite a few poping up, you might find they suit your long term hold and rent plan.

You should look further into whats more popular small 3x2s or larger 4x2s. Talk to some agents. Walk the streets. See all the new development going on in the area and do your numbers from there.

Back