Development Project Management

Good morning all,

I am looking to begin looking into development as part of my property investment strategy. I do not have significant funds to begin so will be looking at a small development first up.

I have been looking initially in Brisbane and have spoken to Positive Property Strategies (Bob Andersen), Property Pursuit, Metropole and PPI Property Advice.

I was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on their experiences with development project management in entry level developments and perhaps offer any further recommendations?

Metropole did absolutely nothing to inspire me to have them as a part of my team, perhaps their size had led to some degree of arrogance?

In any case thanks in advance to anyone who can share their experiences?

Safe, Smart, Happy investing!

Ratter

What type/ size or $$ wise development are you looking at first up?

You will probably find you can take care of a small development easily on your own with out the added cost of a PM if your willing to research and learn. Even with a day job.

At this stage I'm looking to do a subdivide and townhouse perhaps.....

As an example a splitter/slider with two townhouses out the back or similar.

I am currently doing a development course and being that i am looking to Brisbane (I'm from Melbourne) having someone who can guide me through the process that i have a theoretical knowledge of is a smart move in my opinion.

Given the possible errors that are often made by first time developers i consider the fees associated with project management as an investment in risk mitigation.

At the end of it all, i am the one in charge and controlling the overall process and people.

Im interested in who have used project management in Brisbane and their experiences...

Gday,
Have a chat to Jacon Parry (said Jason) at SCM Projects, has plenty of energy and knowledge - his number is 0407 011 369.
Currently doing a small project (5 townhouses) for one of my clients.
Cheers
Manuel

At this stage I'm looking to do a subdivide and townhouse perhaps.....

As an example a splitter/slider with two townhouses out the back or similar.

I am currently doing a development course and being that i am looking to Brisbane (I'm from Melbourne) having someone who can guide me through the process that i have a theoretical knowledge of is a smart move in my opinion.

Given the possible errors that are often made by first time developers i consider the fees associated with project management as an investment in risk mitigation.

At the end of it all, i am the one in charge and controlling the overall process and people.

Im interested in who have used project management in Brisbane and their experiences...

I think your approach is wise. Many people lose money on their first development.

I'm looking for something similar. Please let us know who you decide to go with. I had a similar feeling about Metrapol.

Also, who did you do your course through? Would you recommend it?

You may like to checkout this thread.
http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108250

I think Metropol are no longer active in Brisbane.

Metropol appointed me in 2011 to manage the DA process on approximately 12 townhouse projects that where stuck in the system. I managed to get these organised and back on track within a matter of weeks.

Back