Dexter

For those of you who like a good TV show - you NEED to download/start watching "Dexter"!! Was just clued onto it by a friend and we ending up watching the first 2 seasons in 2 weeks - it's an incredible show!!

I'd definitely start with Season 1, Episode 1 - you won't turn back. I found out after we were halfway through Season 2 that "Ten" shows the program late Sunday nights - I think they're about midway through Series 1.

Oh, it's not for kids, so watch in discretion :)

Cheers,
Jen

I caught the first ep when it aired on Ch10 a few months ago, I then obtained the series and watched over a couple of weeks like you. It had me hooked. Can't wait for season 3!

what is it about? person ? prop

It's about a guy (Dexter) who's a Serial Killer - but he has family, friends, a normal life really - and no one knows of course. He only kills people who are murderers/hard criminals - Basically as a young child he had the urges to kill and his father "trained him" to use those urges towards killing people that "deserved" it - which he now calls "the code" that he must abide by when choosing his victims. At the same time, you're watching the lives of his sister, girlfriend, workmates, etc as well as his younger life showing how he grew up to become the person he is today. He works in Forensics solving crimes for a police department making it even more interesting.

I almost didn't download it because the friend who recommended it and I don't EVER agree on shows/movies (he likes Sci-Fi type stuff which I HATE) - but was bored one night and haven't stopped watching it since! Season 3 starts 28th Sept in the USA and I will on the computer ready to download!

Everyone I know who's watched it had to go straight through to the end of Season 2 - its SO good! :D

Cheers,
Jen

i cant handle those crime shows - they plumb the depths of the human mind that i really don't care to understand.

cheers.

I just read all your posts on the "Hedron" thread - I think you'd love the show. It's not anything like "all those crime shows" :D

Cheers,
Jen

A mate of mine told me about it last year and I have watched ever since.

Season 2 finished late last year or early this year so I haven't seen it since.

I wasnt sure it would ever be picked up by an Australian channel.

I am thinking of buying the series for hubby for father's day. We loved Six Feet Under and it seems like it might be as quirky as that, and the lead actor was one of the major stars of Six Feet Under.

Can anybody tell me whether it has a similar "feel" to Six Feet Under?

Its funny that a dexter thread has started today..

yesterday I called in sick at work and ended up watching the last 5 episodes of season one.. pretty gruesome stuff. later last night (about 1am) i got a text message that woke me up and my phone lit up the room. my room was really messy and must have been having a bad dream... I totally freaked out thinking the "Ice truck killer" tore my room apart :eek:

i think i need a hug :D

I'm a Sopranos, West Wing kind of TV series fan and Dexter is my favourite show on TV at the moment, love it :).

Mind you, I'm also a fan of amazing race, LOL, so what kind of TV watcher does that make me. :confused:

You have sold me. I got Season 1 and 2 today. It is our 22nd anniversary on Father's Day. Just annoyed that I didn't think of this in time to buy it cheaper on eBay :D.

I have just finished watching UnderBelly and loved it.

Saw the first four episodes of Dexter and never got around to the rest. Maybe I should try again.

Thanks for the reminder.

I've been watching this show from the beginning and thought I must have been the only one with "Dexter" taste or who stayed up late enough to watch it. I love anything that's a bit quirky and Dexter certainly is.

And yes, it does have a bit of a 6 Feet Under 'feel' to it (not sure how to describe the feel though - you'll know what I mean). Not sure if it's by the same director etc. but it has one of the actors in both shows.

Olly

Season 3 starts this week in the U.S. The dvd won't be out until after the end of the season. If you don't have an issue with breaking copyright laws, you can download the episodes as they happen.

Mark

Back