Dexter

Dexter sounds interesting.

You maybe interested in "Mr Brooks" ....this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

I'm used to Kevin Costner being in "other-type" roles, this is very different. It plays with the mind a bit, comes in at a different perspective to usual thriller types.

Also, and it is on it's final screen:

"Wire In The Blood"...ABC and been shifted to 10.10pm Saturday night now..not usual 2030 hrs, Friday. English show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_in_the_Blood

Robson Green, (one of the actors), is easy on the eye too, in a quirky, bumbly kind of way.

No to Dexter. We've watched a few, the premise is interesting and all, the mother-in-law loves it, but it is far too gruesome and full of too much swearing to watch with a little one on lap.

Maybe in a year when we can watch tv alone. Besides, she is busy watching Naruto with us instead.

Different Dexters perhaps? We've been watching ones downloaded from the net not the ones on TV. Quite heavy on swearing compared to what we usually watch.

Although I really can't talk, The Child Elder is constantly on about dancing doodles, dicks and fannies at the moment ... figures. Goes to school with a bunch of rednecks and doesn't even learn proper curse words. Might have to get her watching the uncut Dexters :)

No to Dexter. We've watched a few, the premise is interesting and all, the mother-in-law loves it, but it is far too gruesome and full of too much swearing to watch with a little one on lap.

Maybe in a year when we can watch tv alone. Besides, she is busy watching Naruto with us instead.

Dexter is a great show, but it deserves its MA rating. Good TV for after the kiddies go to bed :)

My daughter hasn't been able to catch the Dexter shows on at it's normal late timeslot, but she's noticed they are playing episodes in between the movies on the one of the cable TV channels for anyone trying to catch up before the next season starts. Sorry can't tell you what time, days or channel.

Looks like Californication is taking Dexters timeslot. For anyone offended by the swearing in (TV) Dexter this show won't be for you either and it's also got a heavy sexual element to it if the first series was anything to go by.

Olly

The mother in law reckons the TV dexter is much the same as the internet one, so either Mark is immune to such things or we watch too much nice clean sci-fi and are becoming wimpy in our old age :)

My friend is a forensic psychologist, and her kids gave her Dexter DVD's for Mothers Day. Nice, eh!
Anyway, it meant I got to see the whole of the first series, and we are now on the 2nd. They've lifted the game...it just gets better and more bizzare. Unfortunately, we (my psych friend and I) happen to have met some real life type Dexter's in our work. So they really do exist.

Anyone been watching season 4?

it seems a lot better than the last season.. Good choice of character for the news reporter :D watched a few episodes last night.. so tired today!

A fun series from start to finish. Interesting investigations of what makes us 'human' . Current season with a long time serial killer teaching Dexter 'how to be normal' and hide in plain sight is fascinating, if only to watch John Lithgow acting his socks off.

I think the premise appeals to everyone who'd like to step in and right the scales of justice at times. I wonder if most people realise just how much of a monster Dexter is though.

I've seen up to the last episode of series 3 and was wondering when series 4 would be out...

What channel and day is it on?

Cheers
Ems

Ems, I'm not sure when season 4 will be shown on free to air, here.. but you can download from the internet with torrents after they're shown in th US.

and on that point.

So far I have purchased about a third of my downloads on blu-ray and dvd once they've been released (not a big downloader but never watch foxtel or free to air - tho I miss history channel!) and yes, Dexter too. (reward good television or they'll stop making it!)

Rather than run around trying to sue and shut down the downloaders, wouldn't it be an idea to provide downloads as per Amazon's CD track selling?

Reminds me of the old saying:
"the rich will risk losing everything rather than give up a single dollar of privilege"

It's obvious that the media delivery area is changing. Perhaps some of those minds could look forward a little.

Another quote "I did not commit a crime, I failed to obey a law'.

In my case they've made a few thousand dollars from my illegal sampling of what they have broadcast to the free and open airwaves. I doubt that "Mad Men' would have been such a phenomenon if they had pursued closing down the downloads, and ditto Firefly would never have had such a profitable DVD run and inspired a movie. They know the price but not the value.

Fixed 'anti-piracy' ads at the front of my newly purchased disks. Insulting and annoying. Reminds me of fast fowarding 20 minutes into VHS tapes to escape the previews.

p.s

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mp3s/the-death-of-dodgy-downloads-20091125-jq9n.html

Last edited:
I just watched episode 9 of season 4 a couple of days ago. I'm loving season 4 and this episode just made things get very interesting indeed. It looks like the last few episodes of the season are going to be great!

WOW have just finished watching series 6! I love this show! :)

me too... problem is that it will be another 8 months until we get to see what happens next!:D

Another one I'm hooked on at the moment is Boardwalk Empire. Nearly finished watching first 2 seasons in little over a week!

Boods

Back