Did Domain.com.au reduce their listing fees or something?

For years, realestate.com.au had a minor edge over Domain. They always listed the same properties, but on the odd occasion (maybe 1/100) I would see a property on RE but not on Domain.

But recently I've noticed a change, and a significant one too. I'd say it's like 1/50 or 1/30 properties that list on Domain aren't on RE.

Anyone in the industry knows what's happened? I'm curious.

Domain has an agent equity model going to try and take market share. RE.com.au has put up their prices and upset a lot of agents in the areas they are dominant.

Interested to hear what the agents have to say on this one.

About a year ago Domain was fighting for market share and were substantially cheaper then RE.com.

Damn I had no idea. I stuck with RE cause they used to be the best back in the day. Makes me wonder how many good properties I missed out on because of this.

Damn I had no idea. I stuck with RE cause they used to be the best back in the day. Makes me wonder how many good properties I missed out on because of this.

You would be missing out on A LOT of good properties relying on a real estate listing site. Have you considered a property profile?

As in why wait to something gets listed? By that time it has likely been rejected by all the savvy investors already.
Get yourself active, know what your looking for and let every agent in that area know about it. By doing this you will likely get first dibs and a chance to pull the property of the market before anyone gets a look in. Yes in a hot market like today's then most vendors would prefer to go to the masses but there are plenty who don't. My wife's aunty recently listed private due to family reasons and only those on the agents listing would have got a chance to snag the bargain it ended up being.

As in why wait to something gets listed? By that time it has likely been rejected by all the savvy investors already.
I can confirm this is true. When I sold a unit a couple of years back, my agent didn't advertise the property until he had been through his buyer database. Ironically, someone from his database who he overlooked bought the property after advertising.

When I first started I didn't have Domain due to cost vs benefit.

I signed up because I don't pay a subscription fee with Domain (which is awesome), so I only pay what I use.

Enquiry wise though, re.com.au still beats Domain.

According to the OP there appears to be more on Domain then RE.com so I guess the agents are speaking.

To me you should be on both, myself I prefer Domain but can use both.

Back