Different sold prices on Pricefinder and RE.com.au

As part of comparing properties on PF, I am looking at properties' sales histories. I happened to go onto RE.com.au to look for photos from a previous sale to find that RE.com.au is quoting a sold price that is $21,000 higher than what PR is quoting. The sales dates on both re.com.au and PF are both the same so it's the same sale!

I thought PF got their sold data through government/'official' channels but I thought it would be false advertising if a property was listed as sold for more than it actually sold for!

Any experience/comments with PF/sold section of re.com.au??

Mistakes do occur. I remember one regional auction I attended and the property was sold for about $160k and RE.com and OnTheHouse later showed it sold for high 200's, and not just one wrong digit or any of them switched around. Corrected a few months later. High 200's was believable if you did not know the property. I find the dates often vary depending on who is reporting the details, contract or settlement date. OnTheHouse often shows agent and government sourced info which vary.

I happened to go onto RE.com.au to look for photos from a previous sale to find that RE.com.au is quoting a sold price that is $21,000 higher than what PR is quoting.

Maybe RE.com.au is showing their advertised asking price by mistake, which was negotiated down to the sale price showing on PF.

Back