Digital Photo Frame

Can anyone recommend a good quality digital photo frame for around $200. I used to subribe to an organisation that tested products, then I'd buy them and they would all be crapolla in a few months so I would rather hear people's experiences. I did buy a digital photo frame at christmas from Target but it didn't work properly. Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought a 10" Samsung Photoframe which plays videos and has wireless to read photos from your PC for about $120. i would look at buying one online as it is a lot cheaper than retail. you could always see the product at your local Harvey Norman or JB Hifi.

I've had a few cheapies.......but you can't go past the Kodak frames. They are worth the extra money.

Ruby :)

wireless sounds good, but I'm worried about being dissapointed by the picture quality for the cost

how do you load photo's / connect to them (the wireless ones) ?

might be something my mum could enjoy

You can access shared drives on your PC over the wireless connection and choose the folders to display. Quite simple and no loss of picture quality.

on that note, ALDI has a few Kodak photo frames for sale too,.

i got 12" frames for my sister and my mum for christmas they cost $110 delivered when they came up on catch of the day, where very impressive looking little units.

Or
Hook up a second lcd to your computer and just have it run a slideshow on all the time.

I bought a 20 inch lcd monitor the other day for $139

what about for soeon who has no pc / laptop, like my mum

Can I load photos onto something & plug it in to a frame ?

It will be a hassle for her though of course :D

Most have a 256mb internal memory with the better ones having 1gb memories.

As far as I know they all have SD card slots so you can download the photos onto the card and just leave the card in the frame to store the photos.

So she will not need a computer just need you to load them in first.

Most have a 256mb internal memory with the better ones having 1gb memories.

As far as I know they all have SD card slots so you can download the photos onto the card and just leave the card in the frame to store the photos.

So she will not need a computer just need you to load them in first.

Now I sound like i'm my mum, not her son who's a syste adminsitrator

I figured they must come with SD cards or whatever, but thought I'd check

Back