Dilemma in Newstead

Hi everyone:
Recently I am thinking about getting an investment unit in Brisbane, Newstead to be exact. came across these two off-the-plan projects - Skyring Gasworks by TDD and Unison by Mirvac. On enquiry, Unison is just launching another stage in tower 2, whereas Skyring is pretty much all sold out given an earlier release date. Estimated complete dates are both around mid to end of 2016.

Skyring Gasworks:
I was told there's only 1x 1 bedroom unit (1,1,) left in the entire apartment at $415k, about 58m2 (5m2 balcony). As previously discussed in another thread on SS back in Aug, I was told it's mostly owner occupied. body corp about $60/wk, estimated rental return about $450-480 per week, council + water prob ?$3000. south facing festival ave, retail shops across the road.

Mirvac
2 bedroom unit available for $525k, 76m2+15m2(balcony), 2 baths, 1 carpark, body corp about $90/wk estimated rental appraisal $540-600, council+water I think would be similar to skyring, west north or east north facing? located on the other side of the round about from skyring gasworks.
they do have other 2 bedroom units at $650k in the same building, with floor space 103m2, and also 1+1study(half the size of the normal room) for $440k - which I think may not be as good in terms of value of money? they also advertise to be mostly owner occupiers but I do know some of the units are marketed overseas.

p.s both units are on the same lower level, 4th floor

I would like to seek other people's opinions about this and which one of the two do you guys see more value in? also would also like opinions on newstead the suburb as a whole too if anyone is familiar with it!

Thanks heaps, my mind is a bit tangled by the dilemma at the moment!

Ta, Rando

Back