Dillema! What would you do in my shoes?

tk79,

Congrats!! Sounds like you weighed the pros and cons and made the best decision for your circumstances.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Hi Tk79

I did exactly what you are doing now, with my first property 8 years ago.
I bought a place and then a few months later decided I wanted to travel and work in London.
Don't be scared about finding work in London, there are just so many jobs in any field, especially IT with really good earning potential, it shouldn't take you more than 1 or 2 weeks to find something.
I ended up living in London and then Canada for a total of 4 years before coming home and if I hadn't of bought that first place when I did I don't think it would have ever happened.
When I came back my little IP had doubled in value allowing me to buy my PPOR and then go on to buy more IP's. To think of where I would be now 8 years later if I hadn't of made that first risky move scares me.

Good luck,
Bronwyn.

Hi Tk79

I did exactly what you are doing now, with my first property 8 years ago.
I bought a place and then a few months later decided I wanted to travel and work in London.
Don't be scared about finding work in London, there are just so many jobs in any field, especially IT with really good earning potential, it shouldn't take you more than 1 or 2 weeks to find something.
I ended up living in London and then Canada for a total of 4 years before coming home and if I hadn't of bought that first place when I did I don't think it would have ever happened.
When I came back my little IP had doubled in value allowing me to buy my PPOR and then go on to buy more IP's. To think of where I would be now 8 years later if I hadn't of made that first risky move scares me.

Good luck,
Bronwyn.

Thanks Bronwyn, hearing from someone in a similar position really destresses me a lot

Back