Discharged Bankrupt

Hi - I was discharged bankrupt last month and am wondering if any lenders will consider an application for me to purchase a home. LVR approx 90%.

My contribution would come from genuine savings, have been in stable employment, on good income.

reason to the bankruptcy was share portfolio went belly up and i had no other option.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Most lenders want you to be 2 years out of bankrupcy. Some will consider case by case, but in the current environment, I dont like your chances. You may find a non conformer who will consider it at a higher interest rate, or a larger lender will consider it under 80%.

Most lenders want you to be 2 years out of bankrupcy. Some will consider case by case, but in the current environment, I dont like your chances. You may find a non conformer who will consider it at a higher interest rate, or a larger lender will consider it under 80%.

Maybe change name by deed poll?

May have 2 lenders who may fit - but will tell you now you'll be feeling a bit of pain with the costs/rate

But as alternatives are low and LVR is >80% I think you'll struggle with getting a mortgage insurer to accept it

Get the LVR <80% and it may open a few doors

Back