Discounts on home loan, any one got above .7

Just want to ask fellow forumites about their recent home loan discounts, any attractive discounts in the market? Preferable from the big four.

I am thinking of refinancing my current loan, I am with Westpac on 0.7 discount.

Better than 0.7

I contacted ANZ Mortgage Direct 8 weeks ago to take up a possibly better than 0.7 discount. They have promised up to 0.85 once we have finalised the final amount but it has been a nightmare and 8 weeks later, still nothing in writing after lodging complaints and being in contact three times a week to discuss where the process was at.

Hence, I am looking for a broker and another bank!

How much are you owing APK? That will have a bearing on any possible discounts.

Regards
Steve

Have 250k loan on my PPOR (60k in offset account, brings down to 190k)
40k in equity loan.

I reckon my PPOR is worth more now, similar property in the street sold for 380k last christmas.

Thinking of talking to westpac mortgage guys for a better discount, like to have a chat with other 3 banks for better deal.

I would like it to be this way for the new loan / refinance. 200k loan on PPOR, 120k to 150k equity loan to fund my 1st IP :) and investing in share.

Last edited:
If your LVR is below 75%, NAB will give a 0.8% discount as standard now.

If you want this bettered, then you need to make a case for customer value, comparable offers from competitors and risk mitigation for the lender ( i.e your a good risk or have more potential in future )

This is where x-col comes undone as if you spread your risks between lenders it is harder to obtain a discount.

Your individual circumstances come into play, you can't really benchmark what someone else got as their circumstances will be different.

Talk to your MB and see what they can do.

Hiya

Youd want to be sure its worth your while after the fees and charges( lmi??) AND in many cases, much more importantly your flexibility and CRAA file activity.

many items in life usually come as a package...........finance is no different

ta
rolf

If someone wants to win this competition, PM me. I'll increase my SVR by 1% and then give you 1.80% discount.

Instant winner!

Thinking about the value of your financing deal in terms of how much discount you got rather than the overall cost of the transaction and the degree of flexibility it delivers is falling for the oldest marketing trick in the book.

Hi apk,

I get 85bp off the standard variable with WBC under their professionals package. I get two offset accounts which I use extensively with about $200K-$250K in them at present. My total lend is quite a bit more than yours though so contributes to this discount.

Cheers,
Michael

Realizing that this is not going to sound nice but a $250k loan, or a $400k loan is a drop in the bucket to the big 4 and they have them flooding in continually. The 'promise' of another investment property... well until that happens its pie in the sky.

So let me get this right,

I am in the process of getting a loan of about 500K. I already have a loan of about 145K.

They will all be with ING. I am going through a broker (Smartline Home Loans). So is it right that i can negotiate a better rate than the broker is qouting me?

If yes do i bargain through the broker or the bank directly. If this is the case how come the broker didn't tell me? Does he get more commission or something?

Thanks

So let me get this right,

I am in the process of getting a loan of about 500K. I already have a loan of about 145K.

They will all be with ING. I am going through a broker (Smartline Home Loans). So is it right that i can negotiate a better rate than the broker is qouting me?

If yes do i bargain through the broker or the bank directly. If this is the case how come the broker didn't tell me? Does he get more commission or something?

Thanks

I've never known ING to budge on rates. What you see is what you get.

A 75% lend through NAB Broker would get you more but then you'd be limited to a 75% LVR which maybe restrictive. I couldn't see much more that the 0.70% unless you get lucky with Westpac. The majors know who's offering what and I don't believe you'd have any success with them.

Regards

Steve

Have 250k loan on my PPOR (60k in offset account, brings down to 190k)
40k in equity loan.

I reckon my PPOR is worth more now, similar property in the street sold for 380k last christmas.

Thinking of talking to westpac mortgage guys for a better discount, like to have a chat with other 3 banks for better deal.

I would like it to be this way for the new loan / refinance. 200k loan on PPOR, 120k to 150k equity loan to fund my 1st IP :) and investing in share.

Hi apk,

I get 85bp off the standard variable with WBC under their professionals package. I get two offset accounts which I use extensively with about $200K-$250K in them at present. My total lend is quite a bit more than yours though so contributes to this discount.
Apk,
Mine is pretty much the same as Micheal's above, except that I get .9 off the standard, again with Wpac. I will also add that I have several times the amount that you are offering them under finance.

Apk,
Mine is pretty much the same as Micheal's above, except that I get .9 off the standard, again with Wpac. I will also add that I have several times the amount that you are offering them under finance.

I'm hoping to get .9% as well from Westpac. How much do you owe on your loans through Westpac? I've got about 800K

If everyone talking about discount when taking up a "package" (with monthly service fee)?

I am going to talk to my bank (commonwealth) tomorrow, and from my preliminary talk, he is saying that Commbank has become much more rigid than it used to be. Is this true?

When i got my first homeloan 2-3 years ago, I have 0.5% no monthly fee, no application fee. I am not in the "package" (in this case wealth package).

Please enlighten me!

Back