Disguise that you are an interstate buyer

Hi All,

Do I need to disclose that I am an interstate buyer ?. I currently wish to bid on properties in Queensland. Can I use the address of an investment property that we own in Queensland when placing bids for properties either via Auction or for sale.

Can I just supply a rates notice as form of identification ?.

I currently reside in NSW.

Many thanks for the information Kesse,

Regards,
Tonibell

No worries. Just saw the part of your question that mentions buying via sale. In QLD you need to submit your offer via the contract of sale (some agents are happy to do the negotiation without the COS and once agreed terms have been reached then it's formalised on the COS) so all details need to be put there too. If you find an agent willing to negotiate without the COS then you may be able to get away with them finding out you're an interstate buyer.

I have never been to an Auction - What difference does it make if you are an interstate buyer?

Officially none. But... for the markets I have played in the agents tend to see $$$ when there's an out of state buyer or investor.

When I was looking for PPOR in Cairns nearly 2 years ago now I mentioned in conversation I was currently living in Melb and also working for a bank. The agents response "wow, you must have lots of money then!" and I'm sure the reserve went up at least 20%!

I am terrible at lying, even white lies so tried to dance around the fact that I wasn't a local but found that even by the way I talked the locals were picking me for a non local as I didn't drop my g's at the end of my words and didn't add 'ey' to the end of my sentences. I think I sound more like a local now though, ey. :D

I wouldn't specifically hide it .

" we're comparing a few areas to invest in , looking for places which generate a good return with potential for growth ... Etc "

I think it can be presented as a positive .

Cliff

Hi All,

Do I need to disclose that I am an interstate buyer ?. I currently wish to bid on properties in Queensland. Can I use the address of an investment property that we own in Queensland when placing bids for properties either via Auction or for sale.

Can I just supply a rates notice as form of identification ?.

I currently reside in NSW.

When you talk just add an "ey" at the end of every sentence. That will fool them ey

Hadn't scrolled through to see Kesse had already suggested this

I wouldn't specifically hide it .

" we're comparing a few areas to invest in , looking for places which generate a good return with potential for growth ... Etc "

I think it can be presented as a positive .

Cliff

This

Also puts pressure back on them as you are not just focusing on their suburb for yourself you could be looking all over Australia.

Makes no difference your money is as good as the other person, only the REA might change how they act cause if you are a person from a small country town looking at buying in Sydney CBD they might think you are a tyre kicker and if you are a Sydney CBD looking at moving to the country they will think you have $$$ but you can always say you rent there ;).

Back