Disgusting hairdressing service

It amazes me that; in sports such as AFL, NRL and UFC where the blokes are all tough, alpha males with loads of confidence you would think; they need to feel the need to get ink done and wear silly hairdo's etc.

Lol they're not real men. The media try and paint them as such but it's all a myth.

I have 9 piercings. I dont do it to look tough......

......I do it because I love the pain! :eek:

pinkboy :cool:

But you only receive a little pain once for every piercing when you get it. If you really like pain then you would smash a brick over your head every morning. I hope you didn't get your balls pierced :eek:

But you only receive a little pain once for every piercing when you get it. If you really like pain then you would smash a brick over your head every morning. I hope you didn't get your balls pierced :eek:

It's a rush!

As for my balls, 500km+ week on the bike sorts that out! Not to mention pushing yourself to seeing stars and hurting the legs until you can't stand up!

...and for the record, I do have a Prince Albert! :eek:

pinkboy :D

My advice? Stop going to crappy $26 hairdressers for a start. Now, as a woman I know how important our hairs are to us so it may make her feel better if you take her to a proper grown up hair STYLIST preferably the most expensive or in demand one in your town/city and let her get whatever cut she wants and maybe some foils or trendy colour as well. Something funky and grown up that no one else at her school will have. Expect to pay at least $180 for a good cut/colour but she will be the envy of all her friends at school and she will soon forget her old hairstyle and the disaster $26 massacre and voila, self esteem restored!

I remember how jealous I always was of the girls who had expensive (back then) $40 style cuts and corkscrew perms while I always had to have the elcheapo $10 chop. Totally ruined my cred I tells ya and still affects my self esteem to this day :cool:

Wow, that's really inspiring Nat. I never realised how important having the best hairstyle can be. I suppose having the best clothes and shoes etc can also be just as impotant. Or the flahiest car. It can make you feel great for a week or two.

Last edited:
I gave up on Hairdressers.
Worse than Gambling, not to mention tedious small talk.
Taught myself to cut my own hair with Scissors/Clippers.
Back bit can be tricky, but hand mirror works a treat.
I'm male tho..r
About $700 in savings now over 4 years

Whats wrong with having a nice hairstyle and looking good? For a 14 year old girl it would be a real treat to have the whole hairstylist experience.

Sorry I didn't inspire you but I find it quite offensive really that you feel you need to belittle my post in a sarcastic manner for whatever reason I don't know. I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do. If you don't agree with it that's fine but no need to be rude about it.

Your daughters haircut was $26?

That's super cheap.

Really?? It was suppose to be a trim of her existing layers and ends for a 14 year old!
The hairdresser that fixed it up charged me for a restyle as she had to cut 10cm sections off one side, and trim very edges off other side to even it up. First hairdresser cut layers in a straight line across her head so second hairdresser had to cut into the straight lines to turn it into a hairstyle. First cut took about 10 mins, 2nd took 40 and cost $22 for a restyle. You don't always get what you pay for! She had her hair trimmed there from another hairdresser there once prior without any issues. Prior to that we were living interstate and it would cost about $50 for wash, cut and straightening without any issues.

I pay $15 for my hair cut, from a professional hair dresser that has 15+ years experience! The hair salon i go to, only does hair cuts, no perms/colors etc.. so it basically means they can get through more people then having to take the time to color and have stock on hand etc. Mind you I do live in hicksville where we have high unemployment, and everything is cheap as!!! Even the houses! :D Also the hair dressers can only do what you ask, so it depends on what your daughter asked for!. If you can show the hair dresser pictures even better so they dont think style 1 when u want style 2.

Instigator - perhaps get your daughter to do a short hair style instead of long. If you have a iphone or smart phone, you can down load some apps where she can use her face and put in different hair styles.. hair wizard is one app. You know the Myley Cyrus short hair look is big atm... Perhaps this is the time she could do short, or at least muck around with the differing styles! Its going to take two years to grow back, but she might like what she sees... so it might be one way to lesson the pain... even googling short hair styles may help!
Good luck!

The hair salon i go to, only does hair cuts, no perms/colors etc.. so it basically means they can get through more people then having to take the time to color and have stock on hand etc. ......!

It sounds like the same sort of business I used for the dodgy cut! I did consider they may cut better as all they do is cuts. Although I've used the service before I think the new manager and/or employees aren't qualified. I hadn't considered it previously but now realize if there is no qualifications hanging up on the walls, walk away!

Most hairdressers that i've come across base their 'cut' prices on age and gender.

The cost of similar cuts on children/young teens and adults usually varies considerably.

15yo sons cut costs $20 for a style (2 on sides and a mop on top with a 0 between the 2 and the mop :rolleyes:) yet my husband who has a standard mens cut pays $28 at the same hairdressers.

So $26 sounds about right to me for a 14yo girl - not a cheap cut. She just got unlucky and got a poorly trained hairdresser or a trainee who is getting poor supervison.

Isn't there an alternate route for hairdressing training now that is very short?

Most hairdressers that i've come across base their 'cut' prices on age and gender.

The cost of similar cuts on children/young teens and adults usually varies considerably.

15yo sons cut costs $20 for a style (2 on sides and a mop on top with a 0 between the 2 and the mop :rolleyes:) yet my husband who has a standard mens cut pays $28 at the same hairdressers.

So $26 sounds about right to me for a 14yo girl - not a cheap cut. She just got unlucky and got a poorly trained hairdresser or a trainee who is getting poor supervison.

Isn't there an alternate route for hairdressing training now that is very short?
We have a lady come to our house to cut & colour my wife's hair etc, and cuts both our boys' hair.

$30 all-up for both boys.

Back