Disturbingly uncomfortable

maybe it's inappropriate to reply after having a few rums..............lol

I remember going to Bali, this time with relatives from New Zealand who've never been anywhere but their house & ours in Perth......one cousin didn't know any different & washed her face in the bidet. ewwww.

..........still, very funny to us. hahahahahah

Wow, that just took me so much further away from our current tenant 'issues'. Thank you ianvestor.

................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. hahahah

Today I used a bidet for the first time, and the last time.

Discuss.

If you think that is uncomfortable, you should try travelling through Asia and being confronted with squat pits for toilets everywhere (instead of the standard bowl type of dunny).

The squat pits sure take a bit of getting used to - in fact, i am still not used to them.

Today I used a bidet for the first time, and the last time.

I KNOW!:):D

I cannot, cannot take to them. My first visit to France, I stood in the bathroom and looked and looked, my friend walked in and said "what's wrong??"

"I don't get this, what, do we wash our hands in it??"

So anyway I tried it, it is.....an acquired taste perhaps?

I also had some challenges with public toilets that the door flings open after set amount of time, I can handle a lot of things but peeing under time constraints is a disturbing affect upon my Einstein theory of relativity. I am not a 30 second (well it feels like 30 secs), wonder.

Ditches, ground, gumtrees, redbacks on the toilet seat, squats, hot/cold seats are all a part of life, but being splashed and flushed up around the nether regions is equivalent to someone else peeing in your pants, without you having the pleasure of relief of doing so. Sort of.

GG, squating to poop is way more healthy... see benefits.

Having to use a bucket to clean up though is a bit.. um.. inconvenient. Can't say I've tried a bidet.. not sure I want to.

Quite happy with a bidet although a backblocks Bali version with a hose that everyone just used and the whole toilet walls and all were wet was not good. Worst of all (even the squat hole in the ground in Greece) was the communal one in china with a lady standing there with a mop which was continually needed, the floor was awash. Most disgusting thing I've seen in my life

Quite happy with a bidet although a backblocks Bali version with a hose that everyone just used and the whole toilet walls and all were wet was not good. Worst of all (even the squat hole in the ground in Greece) was the communal one in china with a lady standing there with a mop which was continually needed, the floor was awash. Most disgusting thing I've seen in my life

Ah yes, I had a similar experience in Jordon. A hole in the ground which was a bit "hit and miss" and a hose nearby.

Some of my worst experiences in the Middle East.:eek:

Regards JO

I KNOW!:):D

I cannot, cannot take to them. My first visit to France, I stood in the bathroom and looked and looked, my friend walked in and said "what's wrong??"

"I don't get this, what, do we wash our hands in it??"

So anyway I tried it, it is.....an acquired taste perhaps?

I also had some challenges with public toilets that the door flings open after set amount of time, I can handle a lot of things but peeing under time constraints is a disturbing affect upon my Einstein theory of relativity. I am not a 30 second (well it feels like 30 secs), wonder.

Ditches, ground, gumtrees, redbacks on the toilet seat, squats, hot/cold seats are all a part of life, but being splashed and flushed up around the nether regions is equivalent to someone else peeing in your pants, without you having the pleasure of relief of doing so. Sort of.

OO - you made me snort coffee with that one. LOL

Hey, I forgot to check this thread for replies and here we are!

Um, yes maybe I didn't quite use it properly, but I tell you what, the little 'icon' on the button that turns it on was terribly misleading. You see it showed a cute little image of a bum and then two very soft and curvy looking dotted lines to represent the lovely soft spray that I was about to get. But actually it should have just showed one line directly up the middle and they should have painted it red for speed. I'm sure if I had have bailed out, the water would have reached the wardrobe in the adjacent bedroom.

Also painted red should have been a very large emergency stop button for when I suddenly realised this isn't the picture of luxurious hygiene I was lead to believe it was.

Hey, I forgot to check this thread for replies and here we are!

Um, yes maybe I didn't quite use it properly, but I tell you what, the little 'icon' on the button that turns it on was terribly misleading. You see it showed a cute little image of a bum and then two very soft and curvy looking dotted lines to represent the lovely soft spray that I was about to get. But actually it should have just showed one line directly up the middle and they should have painted it red for speed. I'm sure if I had have bailed out, the water would have reached the wardrobe in the adjacent bedroom.

Also painted red should have been a very large emergency stop button for when I suddenly realised this isn't the picture of luxurious hygiene I was lead to believe it was.

Wow this post has been worth all of my internet surfing today.... Cheers for the laugh!

When I was a kid we had a thin metal hose attached to a faucet that functioned like a bidet. I loved it! :D However, I find bidet a bit of a shocker especially if you suddently crank it up because of the thinness of the spout and the force of the water that goes to your you-know-what :eek:. If they made the spout much more wider it would have been perfect! :p I still would like to have one but unfortunately our toilets only use recycled water therefore I cannot install them at home and just have to deal with "it" the "usual" way. :D

Back