Dividing fence - definition

The covenant on our block gives very restrictive conditions for all dividing fences. We have a corner block and want to put our own fence (outside the covenant rules) along the roadside boundary.

Does "dividing fence" include this boundary? My google research says no but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Council will be the one to decide if it complies.

I had a council that insisted on setbacks (3 - Each side plus corner splay) that made no sense, planter boxes, recesses for trees and shrubs, and screens and all sorts of other design enhancements that drove me crazy on a corner lot. Min height. Max height, materials, number of rails , finish, texture, colour even..Where I wanted it wasn't allowed. Where they wanted was where a tree was. With bats. Protected species that shat on my car. Shame tree died:cool:

I will never buy corner again. PS ; The fence will multiply your whipper snipper chore by two.

You will need a Council approval and patience. Some councils have a minimum design approval but its unusual. I even had to get post holes inspected and rails before palings as my carpenter mate wasnt an approved fence contractor.

Back