DIY tiling - work in progress

best tile ever

MoP seashell.jpg

Iridised Mother o Pearl seashell. Handmade.

Puts a horn on a Jellyfish this stuff! :eek:

pinkboy

Please tell me how and what you used to get such a perfect round finish around the drain hole!!

4" diamond wheel on the grinder with no guard as Pinkboy said.

But I did it in-situ.

I waterproofed the slab and stuffed the floor drain with paper. Then I took location measurements of the floor waste and screeded over it as I did the floor. I then laid the tiles and grouted them. Then I marked on the floor the position of the concealed floor waste and got to work with the grinder.

It could have gone horribly wrong.

Good job. Are those wall tiles 100 x 200? I've used similar on walls in the past but laid them vertically and didn't stagger them.

I have to decide what wall tiles to use so any help with the latest style would be great. I was thinking 200 x 200 white glossy but I think the rectangular look more modern? Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread with my ugly bathroom

Nomadic, those wall tiles are 150 x 75 gloss. I'm not really guided by what is 'modern'. Wait till you see the pastel green toilet that will be going in the room and you'll see what I mean.

4" diamond wheel on the grinder with no guard as Pinkboy said.

But I did it in-situ.

I waterproofed the slab and stuffed the floor drain with paper. Then I took location measurements of the floor waste and screeded over it as I did the floor. I then laid the tiles and grouted them. Then I marked on the floor the position of the concealed floor waste and got to work with the grinder.

It could have gone horribly wrong.

It certainly could have! I would not recommend this method at all. If you stuff up the cut and have to rip the tile up, you will compromise the waterproofing (in the middle of the floor! :eek: ).

It is a very nice cut I must admit, especially for your method used.

pinkboy

Back