DIY - Where do I get the forms?

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA25...Buttons~&3=17-Forms+and+publications~#renting

under section: Renting - forms

I print out the renting publications - order forms, fill in and get consumer affairs to post me out lots of copies of all the forms I need.

The ones you'll need as a bare minimum:
- Residential Tenancy Application
- Residential Tenancy Agreement (I also like to put in a few pages of additional terms as these are very basic)
- Condition Report
- Bond Lodgement
- Renting a home - a guide for tenants (must legally give to them when starting a lease)

What additional terms do you put in ski-bum? I'm just putting a list of additional terms together now for a lease due to be signed next week, would love to compare notes. So far I've got:
-payment of rent (frequency, payment method)
-smoke detector maintenance
-replace lightbulbs when leave
- no smoking inside
- adhere to owners Corp rules
-garden maintenance
- no parking cars on grass
-? What else?

I havent heard of having to replace lightglobes when leaving a property before
In the initial condition report it is stated if the globes are working or not. If any not working on exiting rental tenant then those ones are replaced.
You must take in to condition fair wear and tear

What additional terms do you put in ski-bum? I'm just putting a list of additional terms together now for a lease due to be signed next week, would love to compare notes. So far I've got:
-payment of rent (frequency, payment method)
-smoke detector maintenance
-replace lightbulbs when leave
- no smoking inside
- adhere to owners Corp rules
-garden maintenance
- no parking cars on grass
-? What else?

The tenant shall not do or allow anything to be done which would invalidate any insurance policy on the premises, or increase the premium; the tenant shall pay to the landlord all increased premiums and all other expenses incurred as a consequence of any breach of this term.

The tenant agrees not to smoke inside the building and also to ensure that visitors do not smoke inside the building.

The tenant shall not keep any animal, bird or pet on the premises without the written consent of the landlord.

Tenant agrees to ensure all furniture have floor protection pads on them to prevent scratching of the floorboards. (i provide them with lots of pads at the start and direct them where to get more. ie. $2 shop)

The tenant shall not keep or use in the premises any portable kerosene heaters, oil burning heaters or heaters if a similar kind.

Installation of TV antennas, or cable TV facilities is not permitted without prior written permission of the landlord or agent.

The tenant agrees to maintain the courtyard and remove all garden rubbish from the property.

Bicycles shall not be kept inside the house. Undercover storage is available in the courtyard or carport.

Upon termination of the Agreement, it is the tenant’s responsibility to deliver all keys to the rented premises to the landlord or agent; the tenant shall continue to pay rent until such time as all keys are delivered.

blah, blah...many more. but you get the gist.

If you're in the CBD you can collect it from Office of Fair trading themselves on Exhibition St.
There's a very bored lady sitting there that will roll her eyes at you when you request for the forms.

Back