do investors actively look for site that can fit gf

am currently shopping around getting appraisals from local agents to sell a site that i have subdivided.

basically retained the front house and made sure conditions are met that enables the front retained house to add a granny flat if future buyer wants cash flow. can add a 70 sqm 2x1 granny flat to backyard (have plans drawn up)

one agent told me that although its definitely a plus, hardly any investors look for sites that you can add a gf. is this true?

will my site sell for a little more than others (of similar size and age) because of the capability to add GF?

one agent told me that although its definitely a plus, hardly any investors look for sites that you can add a gf. is this true?

It's quite a vague statement for the REA to make.

There's so many different strategies out there.

It also depends on the location - if you were shopping in the outter west of Syd then GF's have been all the rage for a while.

Cheers

Jamie

When I read the thread title, I was wondering just how large your girlfriend was, that the site dimensions were relevant... :eek:

Interesting question, I was contemplating doing the same thing. When I purchased my last property a year ago I was looking for granny flat and rezoning potential. On my site I could do a street front granny flat or wait for rezoning and have another street front block. When it was on the market most people were asking agent if it had development potential and when agent said, "no" buyers weren't interested. I think the only real way to know is test the market! I'd love to know your outcome.
Before purchasing I did do lots of RE sale searches using the term Granny Flat also.

Back