Do we need another property gury ?

Here's what I'd like to see ...
Someone who has had some decent success in property investment and has really walked the walk.
I'd like to see that person run some seminars and share their knowledge in order to inspire others and show how they changed their life through their investment strategies, charging only for the cost of running the seminar plus a reasonable charge for their time.
Because they have been SO successful at what they do, they don't need to charge thousands of dollars for mentoring programs etc. They are wealthy because of what they do, not because they share it at a cost.
I know some spruikers defend their high fee structure by saying that people don't value what they don't pay for, but I challenge that.
Who here hasn't gained a huge benefit from this forum? Yet we don't pay thousands of dollars for it.
Is that a foolish dream?

Who here hasn't gained a huge benefit from this forum? Yet we don't pay thousands of dollars for it.
Is that a foolish dream?

True and certainly not foolish, but there is probably also a general acceptance that because the forum is free, that any advice is not to be taken at face value so to speak.

I guess there is often a perception that where you are paying for a service (e.g seminar) that it is somehow "better" and a "safer" source of information - however wrong that may be.

Cheers

Neil

Many people presume a seminar is just a walk up chat for an hour and leave? and therefor very over priced.

Some I've been involved in require 100's of man hours to organize and prepare for, then the cost of notes/handouts etc.

if you where in a local church hall or the like no one would take you seriously.

Its amazing how in just about any industry but public speaking in particular unless you look the part and present the part your not taken seriously...... I can think of one local group who have the runs on the board, but don't hire the Hilton for 1000 people to spread there word........they just do small groups at very reasonable rates and don't push there product down your throat.

i reckon people would take you seriously if you could back your data up with actual, real life holdings and show you really do have nothing to sell, not even a mentoring program.

market it heavily and pick a low cost venue to even out costs.

i'd go.

Here's what I'd like to see ...
Someone who has had some decent success in property investment and has really walked the walk.
I'd like to see that person run some seminars and share their knowledge in order to inspire others and show how they changed their life through their investment strategies, charging only for the cost of running the seminar plus a reasonable charge for their time.
Because they have been SO successful at what they do, they don't need to charge thousands of dollars for mentoring programs etc. They are wealthy because of what they do, not because they share it at a cost.
I know some spruikers defend their high fee structure by saying that people don't value what they don't pay for, but I challenge that.
Is that a foolish dream?

Sounds like you need to run some seminars Rob ;)

The problem with providing free advice or free services is that noone values them. Funny thing about human nature. We seem to think the more expensive something is the more exclusive it is.

I used to provide a lot of free time to charities etc but found that people just wanted and expected more and more. The free questions and advice spilled over into others areas and I became quite drained from it. That was 5 years ago and I only consult to one charity now and that is the only free advice and time I provide on a professional level.

The rest of my free time is spent with family and friends. Not with people who just end up wanting more for nothing. I stopped posting a lot on this forum a while ago for the same reason. The questions just end up being relentless. Maybe some used the forum to build a client base but we have only ever had two or three clients from the forum. So that was never my purpose. The older I get the more selfish I am. Family and friends are what I value. Providing free advice to someone i've never met before. Not interested.

And here we go again...
Gee Rob define "SO successfull"?
And was'nt she part of the duo that ACCC prosecuted for telling wild BS stories?
Now there's a success story!

"The ACCC alleges that both the principals of the mentoring program and Seven Network Limited (or wholly owned subsidiaries thereof) made misleading representations as to the results that could be expected by participants in the WWW mentoring program; and that one of the principals of the WWW mentoring program was a millionaire and the other principal owned in excess of 60 properties."

"It is further alleged that the company Universal Prosperity Pty Ltd made representations on the website wildlywealthywomen as to the results that could be expected by participants of the WWW mentoring program. The ACCC alleges that these representations were false and misleading in contravention of section 52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974, and that Ms Forster and Ms Boholt were knowingly concerned in or parties to the contraventions."

A proven BS artist according to the ACCC, I'll agree with the ACCC.

"For The First Time and Maybe The Last Time Ever, I’m Going To Reveal My Complete Story Of How I Went From $0 To $3.5 Million In Just 18 Months"

God i hope its her last time. But she said maybe, so?

Wouldn't be hard to get $3.5m in loans in 18 months. (maybe a bit more difficult in this tighter credit environment for the average punter.)

Anyone that uses that direct marketing sales letter type website is a marketer first (or a wannabe marketer) rather than a property guru.

Watch her video, in my opinion, she's a joke. I'm with you PB.

The problem with providing free advice or free services is that noone values them. Funny thing about human nature. We seem to think the more expensive something is the more exclusive it is.

I used to provide a lot of free time to charities etc but found that people just wanted and expected more and more. The free questions and advice spilled over into others areas and I became quite drained from it. That was 5 years ago and I only consult to one charity now and that is the only free advice and time I provide on a professional level.

The rest of my free time is spent with family and friends. Not with people who just end up wanting more for nothing. I stopped posting a lot on this forum a while ago for the same reason. The questions just end up being relentless. Maybe some used the forum to build a client base but we have only ever had two or three clients from the forum. So that was never my purpose. The older I get the more selfish I am. Family and friends are what I value. Providing free advice to someone i've never met before. Not interested.

Good points ... I am subscribing to the idea that the more you give the more you receive. The receiving part however does not necessarily come from the same source you gave too ...

Certainly the more you give the more you receive. It seems counter intuitive but true. People who take, take, take usually have squat. (in a material sense and otherwise) and conversely people who give, generally have a lot.

By the way Coasty, doing free work for charities and organisations is a great marketing tool to introduce prospective clients to your business.

You do a limited amount pro bono (say 1 hour in person or phone advice session for members) and as they are sooo impressed they become your client on a paying basis. You could add incentives for member or whatever.

Of course, not all will but a lot should. Its an easy way to prospect.

This is a simplistic outline but it works well.

Good points ... I am subscribing to the idea that the more you give the more you receive. The receiving part however does not necessarily come from the same source you gave too ...

Back