Do you even?

I used to go 6 times a week for weights and cardio. But this year have maybe 5 times. Its also social for me after all these years meeting and seeing the same people.

I go FF Maroubra

Also I'm 43 so I'm starting to slow down a bit eating stuff that I shouldn't

Back to Body composition

Sonny Bill Williams has a BMI of 29 ? bordering on obese (height 6?4″, weight 238lbs or 107.95kg )

BMI is a terrible metric.

Akin to saying you have 5 IPs. Sure are they 100k ones, $1mil ones, $10mil ones? The number doesn't have any context.

Yes, even I have a BMI >25, categorising me as overweight.

Perhaps if you saw my upper legs and @r$e you would agree! Big muscles carry big weight!

I am not interested in guaging body fat though, as I do need stores of it for endurance. KFC and Pepsi is my 'go to'.

I have never lifted a weight in my life!

pinkboy

What sort of program are you doing at the moment?
What are you short term goals?
Long term goals?
Where do you train at the moment?
Following any particular diet?

1. Olympic weightlifting, been doing it for about 7 months now. Was previously on the bro-split programs, 5x5, push/pull/legs etcetc. Much more fun and technical than your typical squat/dead/bench routines. Also a lot tougher imo.

2. Was aiming to hit bodyweight clean and jerk and ~85% BW snatch by end of year. Pretty close at the moment!

3. Long term goals are 1.5X BW clean and jerk, BW+ snatch, getting into some amateur comps starting next year :D

4. Gym in a warehouse

5. IIFYM diet (if it fits your macros), but trying to clean bulk at the moment.

For those that don't know oly lifting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77Xsn_oyIs

PTC? Animal Kingdom? Adonis? Crossfit Gym?

CF Sydney. Before people start :rolleyes:, I don't do Crossfit but use the oly platforms/bumper plates there as all the commercial gyms like Anytime/FF don't have the gear you need for oly lifting. We also have a great bunch of lifters, some at the state and national level which is always inspiring to watch :eek:

CF Sydney. Before people start :rolleyes:, I don't do Crossfit but use the oly platforms/bumper plates there as all the commercial gyms like Anytime/FF don't have the gear you need for oly lifting. We also have a great bunch of lifters, some at the state and national level which is always inspiring to watch :eek:

I thought most Crossfits wouldn't let you just do Olympic lifts - you had to do the programs?

Or maybe that was just for casual visits, and you had to be a member somewhere??

They're expensive as ****. Go down to ptc :)

I actually did a trial session at CF Sydney. I've got a lot of respect for Andrew, he's a smart guy. I've been sort of paying attention to CF for about 5-6 years, since when there was about... 6 affiliates in Sydney.

Cost was too prohibitive for me at the moment and I didn't really like the coaching style of some of the other staff. It's the classic problem I see with CF... brilliant system when executed well. Dangerous when executed poorly, as it often is.

Good to hear you're enjoying your training, let me know if/when you do a meet and I'll come try and cheer you on!

I thought most Crossfits wouldn't let you just do Olympic lifts - you had to do the programs?

Or maybe that was just for casual visits, and you had to be a member somewhere??

Most won't. CF Syd is different to most. Well run, good space, intelligent head coach.

They're expensive as ****. Go down to ptc :)

It is somewhat pricey, but I'm getting some great 1 on 1 coaching from the owner/head coach 2-3 times a week and it's usually no wait for the platforms.

I do have a friend that goes to PTC, looks great but seems its more for powerlifting?

@Television- Yeah Andrew is great value and knows what he's doing. Always open to questions, does my programming and coaches for no extra charge. I actually think he likes Oly lifting more than CF, but CF brings in the numbers and he's running a business so yeah.

It is somewhat pricey, but I'm getting some great 1 on 1 coaching from the owner/head coach 2-3 times a week and it's usually no wait for the platforms.

I do have a friend that goes to PTC, looks great but seems its more for powerlifting?

@Television- Yeah Andrew is great value and knows what he's doing. Always open to questions, does my programming and coaches for no extra charge. I actually think he likes Oly lifting more than CF, but CF brings in the numbers and he's running a business so yeah.

Yeah, his pedigree was in KB/Oly lifting stuff from memory? Back in the day, original CF probably fit in pretty nicely with that. You're right now though, he's probably also a very happy business owner.

I'd agree that PTC is more for powerlifting.

BMI is a terrible metric.

Yep.

I think you would find a lot of professional athletes have "obese" BMI's due to their high level of muscle.

% body fat is far more accurate, but as mentioned you will need someone skilled with the callipers.

Gyming since teenager years (I was a very skinny kid) and started working at a gym after leaving the Army. Use to train 2x per day, eat 4000 calories a day and looked pretty decent. I was training to compete but then got glandular fever which screwed me royally. Week in hospital and lost 30lbs in a month. It was about 3 month till I could workout again but I never recovered. 5 years later I still try to work out 3-4x per week but the energy and motivated was never the same and have had injuries to every body part you could imagine. Devo.

Back