Do you even?

Hey, we have the same goal....
Do you need to gain or lose to get there from current position?

My natural weight is just under 80kg, and I have trouble holding size, always fighting this.

Gain. I'm an ecto / endo. Was around high 60kgs when I started training, but was also doing bulk exercise. When I bulked hardcore, my endo traits started showing. I got to 106kgs but was FAT. Probably like 35% bodyfat if not more.

My overall best shape was probably when I was about 93-94kgs at about 13-15% bodyfat (always hard to tell).

At the moment, I'm around 87kgs at about 10-12%. These are rough guesses, I haven't actually weighed myself in ages.

When I get back into it properly, I'll assess it all properly.

Ecto is a curse for a guy, unless you want to look like a marathon runner blowing in the wind.
Ecto girls are blessed, don't have to work at all for body image.

Currently do weights 3 times a week (chest/back/arms/legs), Muay Thai 3 times a week, surf on weekends and run with the dog every day (about 5-10km each run)

Short term and long term I want to maintain a toned figure (not bulk). 9% body fat and I eat a lot, but healthy. Have done since I was 21 (now 26). 180cm and 76kg.

My diet consists of pretty much anything that isn't processed. Lots of fish, nuts, vegetables, lean red meat, chicken, brown rice etc. 5 meals a day.

Weights and Muay Thai are at the same place. Surfing is anywhere I can and running is around the neighbourhood.

Find it easy, always have. I enjoy building up a big sweat and challenging myself physically at Muay Thai.

How do you measure body fat?

I have decided I might be 'skinny fat'. At 6'2 and 80kgs I'm pretty thin. But I'm soft like a marshmallow with zero bulk.
Great for being streamlined in the water. Bad for lifting things what are heavy.

See :eek:

Blacky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 58
How do you measure body fat?

Blacky

I use DEXA Scan. Exceptionally accurate and gives a great picture to analyse. Obviously costs more than the callipers but you get a proper result. Calliper relies on the skill of the user and then still has a high margin for error - but good for a guide no doubt.

The fat scales are not reliable, I've tested that myself.

What's 'ecto'. I blow over in a mild breeze. :p

Ecto stands for ectomorph. = tall, skinny-ish

Endo = endomorph = shorter, fatter

Meso = Mesomorph = Muscular, solid

Its called somatotyping - a system of categorizing body types

You usually get a rating out of 7 for each

That January to July trans over 6 months is nothing special, just dieting down, rip up the carpet, etc.
But the 3rd Pic - Contest Day ???
Is that supposed to be shortly after the middle pic? Because he appears to have so much more size there :confused:
Lighting, tan and angles I suppose, Bodybuilding is all about illusion.

You're spot on about the illusion.

The last week/s leading up to competition generally comprise of some form of carb depletion, water manipulation and sometimes sodium manipulation.

Along with tanning, lighting, pump up and different tricks to increase vascularity etc people can look drastically different on stage as opposed to gym or on the street.

The current mr olympia which is the top spot in bodybuilding is no where near the biggest guy in the "sport" but has fantastic structure etc which give the illusion of being much bigger, this is why a lot of times bigger guys try competing and get their *** handed to them.

I use DEXA Scan. Exceptionally accurate and gives a great picture to analyse. Obviously costs more than the callipers but you get a proper result. Calliper relies on the skill of the user and then still has a high margin for error - but good for a guide no doubt.

The fat scales are not reliable, I've tested that myself.

What is the damage on a DEXA scan if you don't mind me asking?

Never had one done, just go off the mirror and opinions of mates who've been at the game a long time.

Back to Body composition

Sonny Bill Williams has a BMI of 29 ? bordering on obese (height 6?4″, weight 238lbs or 107.95kg )

BMI is a terrible metric.

Akin to saying you have 5 IPs. Sure are they 100k ones, $1mil ones, $10mil ones? The number doesn't have any context.

Back