Do you opt for Colorbond or Concrete Tiled Roof?

Would a darker coloured brick look better than a lighter creme brick for a light colourbond roof or it doesn't matter?

Personal preference really.
I like light coloured houses but that is my bias. I like it for the colour and because I feel they are better in summer.
Look at a lot of websites of display homes and work out what you like.

Who doesn't like the sound of rain on the roof?:eek:

I'm hearing it right now, only on the colorbond awning at the back door though.:(

Wishing the whole house was colorbond.

Haha yeh love the sound of rain on the roof!

But yip color bond is a much better option in my opinion - much more longer lasting and looks better than tiles in my opinion. cleaner, more tidy.

Colorbond is the better option in my opinion. Less maintenance over the longer term and also looks better and less weight on the dwelling below it.

Hi Tano

Why Concrete Tiles and not Terracota?

We went Colobond on a recent build considering cost,security, aesthetics,noise,weight,water collection,storms etc

Which roof is best for you?

Look at each of the factors above (are there others i.e Bushfires, Cyclones) and weigh up its degree of importance to what your particular needs/wants are

Here in Brisbane years ago we actually paid slightly more to get the colorbond roof rather than tiles on our new build home.

We love it - as previous posters have mentioned, much easier to coordinate your gutters, downpipes, garage doors, fences... and potential future extensions or patio rooves.

I think it is a bit of a misconception about the rain noise. Plain tin only yes, noisy, however, with the steel, add a few layers of paint and the insulation in the roof; dampens the sound and I find it no louder or disturbing than when I grew up in a tiled house.

If I was to rent, I wouldn't care what the roof looked like, however if I was to buy, a colorbond roof would be somewhat influential in my consideration of a property (although I agree that you could more easily replace tiles with colorbond if you really wanted to).

If there's a leak I'd rather replace a tile than a full sheet! I've had both roof coverings and f I had to choose it would be tin for the maintenance factor cause roof expand and contract so much. And remember you can't just pull off tiles and whack tin on. Doesn't work that way.

All I will add is that if you do colorbond roof, ensure you have sufficient access to the roof space for future electrical etc work, as removing sheets to access is much more work than popping a tile

I think terracotta is more expensive than colourbond or concrete tiles. It's for an investment property.

Terracotta is much more expensive but the difference is amazing, compared to drab concrete tiles.
Anyway, personally for my builds only colour bond, plenty of colour choices and looks streamline, modern.

We have tin roof on our house and very noisy when it rains, but I so love it, nice and cosy, have to put the TV up a tad.:)

Back