Do you vape ?

Does anyone here vape or use e-cigs? Is it legal in Oz?
How much does it cost to set up and any recommendations for a specific model would be great.

Hi nomadic
Last I read in Oz about this is experts stating these may be as dangerous as cigarettes the real deal. No idea if illegal?
I wonder whether you could use these in bars/resturants in oz, no idea, never seen it happen. I am an ex smoker 1985, so I feel your pain, it's an addiction never goes away, ciggie and coffee, ciggie wine..dream on

I'm guessing it's legal because there is a shop near me who sell/supply this stuff.
Don't know WTF it is, but the signage always intrigued me and I never see any customers going in. They've been open for about 1 year I think, don't know how they survive financially, but can only guess that anything to do with smoking products will have related in demand products...

I would have imagined it to be the other way around. Like bongs.
You can by the implement to smoke it - just not the product to smoke.

A guy I work with has one. I recon he must smoke 10x as much as a result as he is always smoking it. If he had to go outside to smoke, I recon he wouldn't smoke nearly as much.

On the plus side its not intrusive to people around you in anyway. They do produce some vapor but it is odorless and vanishes (not like smoke). So really I couldn't care less.

Blacky

Hell no, real cigarettes for me. I know a couple of dudes that use them.

I also love inhaling a real cig especially with a beer but thought vaping might be the go to minimize the other bad stuff. Cigs cost $1.20 for a pack of 20 Marlboro here but I'd like to try the juice and ween myself off.

Hi nomadic
Last I read in Oz about this is experts stating these may be as dangerous as cigarettes the real deal. No idea if illegal?
I wonder whether you could use these in bars/resturants in oz, no idea, never seen it happen. I am an ex smoker 1985, so I feel your pain, it's an addiction never goes away, ciggie and coffee, ciggie wine..dream on

Thanks MTR I'll do more research but I don't see how they can be as dangerous as cigs when you're only inhaling nicotine. Yes I've been smoking since the 80's and should kick them but very hard when having a beer. I think I'll have to give up drinking for 3-6 months while making the transition to vaping.

Cheers guys, I'll check out if it's legal in Oz before I bring my kit back but hopefully I'll be off it by then. Maybe I can import the juice if it's not sold there.

I think I'll have to give up drinking

story-07-fainting-196285_0-600x400.jpg

I also love inhaling a real cig especially with a beer but thought vaping might be the go to minimize the other bad stuff. Cigs cost $1.20 for a pack of 20 Marlboro here but I'd like to try the juice and ween myself off.

Thanks MTR I'll do more research but I don't see how they can be as dangerous as cigs when you're only inhaling nicotine. Yes I've been smoking since the 80's and should kick them but very hard when having a beer. I think I'll have to give up drinking for 3-6 months while making the transition to vaping.

Cheers guys, I'll check out if it's legal in Oz before I bring my kit back but hopefully I'll be off it by then. Maybe I can import the juice if it's not sold there.

Nomadic
Do you live in Europe?
Everyone seems to smoke, no issues where ie restaurants etc

Campaign here in Australia has been very aggressive, so has the pricing of cigarettes, cost a fortune to smoke here now. I am glad I kicked it, sort of, its still very difficult when I am around smokers, once an addict always an addict I guess.

With the e-cigs I think what the issue is we do not know how dangerous they actually are, that's the point?? There has not been enough research, was watching a show on this some time back. Perhaps in 10 years time we will find out that they also cause some form of cancer, but just don't know??

Same as these ciggies that are flavoured, no nicotine, also controversial, no research to know whether these are in fact dangerous??

MTR, these days I'm mostly in SEA but currently staying on the Tahuayo river in Peru. Not many people smoke here except mota (weed) though cocaine is favored by gringo. I've heard smokes in Oz are $15 a pack these days so most people are buying illegal tobacco and roll their own. I'll do more research on vaping before I move back so I don't break any ridiculous laws.

MTR, these days I'm mostly in SEA but currently staying on the Tahuayo river in Peru. Not many people smoke here except mota (weed) though cocaine is favored by gringo. I've heard smokes in Oz are $15 a pack these days so most people are buying illegal tobacco and roll their own. I'll do more research on vaping before I move back so I don't break any ridiculous laws.

The I think the authorities here may have been smoking mota. The rules seem to vary slightly by state.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ttes-remain-hazy/story-fni0fit3-1227280041795

Anyway, I doubt you'll get the death sentence.

No you cannot smoke in bars or restaurants in Europe.

That's not correct, I was in the Balkans last year and nearly every single venue I went into from cafes to restaurants to bars had smoking indoors. Only 2 venues in the entire 10 or so days didn't allow smoking and of the 2 1 of them had their staff smoking indoors, a palacinke joint from memory (spelling could be off)

Yep, l've been vaping 6mths. But we'll no doubt be getting the electric chair for it soon like everything else we can't do here.
They have vape cafes in the US and in most clubs and bars . Smoke shops with 100s of vapes to choose from. Which would be really handy because it's hard to get any range here.
Tobacconists often have a few , not much though and eliquid at triple price.
l use the net and we do have a few Aussie bong and vape sellers over the net but prices are triple, worth waiting from os .

My bros mate gave up 3 yrs ago 3packs a day and puffs away on this eliquid pipe.
l've been trying dry herb vapes which use tobacco, or herbs or dope or whatever you wanna shove in it .
The flavor is beautiful and it's a helluva a lot easier and cheaper to buy tobacco rather than pay triple here for e liquid.
l love the tobac flavor, very satisfying , you can give up with it and it is def' far better for you, a fraction the crap of a cig.
Though l like the portable pen shaped dry herb vapes and it seems near impossible to get one that lasts even a few wks .
They do have other strange looking designs out there in herb portables but they look ridiculous. Some are very good though.
So l'm smoking again because every time l buy one so far it's useless in a day , wk , or mth . Yet to find a herb vape in the pen/cigar style that is usable day in day out to replace ciggs .

Last edited:
The herb vapes practically get you stoned even just on ordinary tobacco too . It's pretty incredible the whack they give you , quite nice .

Back