Dodgy Builder...

non - conformance!

the build is....still going........

HOPEFUL that they receive the keys in the next week or two but don't hold your breath! They went up on the weekend just to have a look and - the place was left completely unlocked! my god these people are idiots - any random could have trashed the place.

getting quite mad here

OMG.

this guy is an absolute crook. so it's supposedly 'completed' has not a single appliance installed because of insurance (presume this is commonplace)? said to give a weeks notice for install..

so, the property manager has an EXCELLENT tenant lined up already who wanted to move in this weekend, appliances were supposed to go in today.. but - yep - you guessed it..

'oh - the electrician hurt his back - can't make it'

and

'no point just going in to do the curtains'

'should be sometime next week'.

do you think it's ok for me to show him the technical side of a Frankston HeadBut? or will this just slow down progression of the unit even more...

and the amount of stuff I've found on-line about this guy. Grrr

So a lot of people have posted valuable advice in this thread, have you or your parents taken any action? or is it just a place for you to come vent frustrations?

i would wait for him to hand over the certificate of compliance, after that check that it is registered with the builder surveyor and building commission.

And then withheld the last payment.

calculate 2 weeks from when building permit was issued and then when the certificate of occupancy was given. then calculate the time delays he put in etc. and get a real estate agent letter on rental estimates and work it out from there.

Then if the claim is more than 10K you probably have to see if it is worthwhile going to the magistrates court and sue him. Once that is done and if it is ruled in your favour, you can get it enforced and force the builder to pay (or get a sheriff to seize etc)

is it just a place for you to come vent frustrations?

yeah not very helpful feedback - should i vent our property frustrations on a gumball vending machine??

i would wait for him to hand over the certificate of compliance, after that check that it is registered with the builder surveyor and building commission.

And then withheld the last payment.

calculate 2 weeks from when building permit was issued and then when the certificate of occupancy was given. then calculate the time delays he put in etc. and get a real estate agent letter on rental estimates and work it out from there.

Then if the claim is more than 10K you probably have to see if it is worthwhile going to the magistrates court and sue him. Once that is done and if it is ruled in your favour, you can get it enforced and force the builder to pay (or get a sheriff to seize etc)

Thanks for this, we've been trying to build a bit of a case against this company as i see a lot of complaints but no legal action really taken against him. My parents have been a little too forgiving which is THE most frustrating part - can i ask your opinion though, what of the Estate Agent that actually sold them the property? Should we also be pressing them on this?

M

estate agent has nothing to do with it.

it has to do with the builder.

end of the day, just withhold the final payment whatever that might be.

contact consumer affairs - and see what they say

Great - Thanks again for your advice.

all we are really waiting on is the appliances to go in which he has promised for this Thursday... we'll see.

Back